June '08 Photo Challenge - "Shadow and Light"

I personally think this is a pretty bad challenge... :thumbdown:

I disagree, it's very open and photos in this theme will be different, original and there can be a great effect when shadow is used well.

However, I thought the previous theme ("Sunrise over sea") was a bad challenge in that all the photos looked the same and it was hard (if impossible) for me to submit a photo for the contest as I was nowhere near the sea nor could I think of how I could execute it in any other way.

So it takes how long to get the nominees up? I'm anxious to see everyones images.

I personally think this is a pretty bad challenge... :thumbdown:

This is a challenge that makes one use their creativity. I don't think it is a bad challenge, rather one that deserves alittle thought.
And besides it wouldn't be a challenge if it were easy.

In way I didn't think shadow and light was too hard, since if light is shining on something there will also be a shadow ;)

:taped sh: Holding my breath to see ...

So it takes how long to get the nominees up? I'm anxious to see everyones images.
Last month was my first, and there were quite a few more entries than in the previous month. So, it took a few days from the last of the month for them to be posted for review and voting. I suspect that this month generated quite a few submissions. From whenever Dana can get them organised and posted, we'll have a week for reviewing and voting. I can't imagine that it's an easy process to organise and get them up for viewing.

Last month was my first, and there were quite a few more entries than in the previous month. So, it took a few days from the last of the month for them to be posted for review and voting. I suspect that this month generated quite a few submissions. From whenever Dana can get them organised and posted, we'll have a week for reviewing and voting. I can't imagine that it's an easy process to organise and get them up for viewing.

I agree, depending on the number of images I'm sure its a painstaking process. :hail:

I remember the month we had 81 entries. Talk about a week of holding your breath waiting for the submissions..
I give it up to Dana for taking up the job! Talk about a pain in the butt! But Dana is doing a great job!

Last edited:
nona_hora_paris_30.jpg

We should all vote on the disqualifications for giggles and Schits... ;)

its what we call.. patience.. haha
and its a virtue :)
and it also means still having mine photo on the front page for a few days hehe lOLs.. just jewking :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back