June First Hike

halologist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Mt. Pilchuck (native american name, Red Water) Trail. Trailhead at 3100 to 5324 ft summit. 3 mile hike to the top. Needless to say we didn't make it to the summit, was starting to get too dark and we, two of my friends and I, didn't want to get caught out in the woods unprepared. Cougars, Bears, Coyotes, oh my. Defintely going back one day to make it all the way. I wish I had a digital slr, but we made do!

The mountain speaks for itself.

HikeJune1stdestination.jpg

Our destination.

HikeJune1stlookout.jpg

Not even half way up the trail.

HikeJune1stlotr.jpg

An Ent lives! I hope some of you know what I'm talking about.

HikeJune1stsunglare.jpg

Picture credit goes to Chris Le.

HikeJune1strocks.jpg

Having a person in this makes the picture!

HikeJune1stkristonking.jpg

Kriston, the look out summit is behind him shrouded in fog. So close, yet so far by trail standards.

HikeJune1ststeeptrail.jpg

Chris Le. It is really difficult taking a picture of a trail. It either looks too flat or way too steep which is the case in this one. Dizzyingly steep!

HikeJune1sthalphotographer.jpg

Me, Haley, and my Canon AE1

HikeJune1stsunfog.jpg

This photo was a group effort! All of us spotted it and crowded around the camera to make sure the shot was right. Just too gorgeous up on that mountain.

HikeJune1sthikingfeet.jpg

"Hiking Feet" I call this one.
Artsy shot on my car, does it work? :)

Hope that's not too many pictures.

I can't believe no-ones posted a reply on these yet!

Absolutely love 4 and 9! They are amazing! (& I don't say that often!) especially 4! The rays through the trees & the softness there too!

I hope you weren't hiking in those trainers! Many times round here & the Lakes people have had to be saved by Mountain Rescue after being stuck up a mountain with an injured ankle because they weren't wearing strong boots!

Number 4 is amazing. Looks like a great place to hike.

Great job on these, their great captures. Good to see the AE-1 in action after all these years !

PlasticSpanner said:
Absolutely love 4 and 9! They are amazing! (& I don't say that often!) especially 4! The rays through the trees & the softness there too!

I hope you weren't hiking in those trainers! Many times round here & the Lakes people have had to be saved by Mountain Rescue after being stuck up a mountain with an injured ankle because they weren't wearing strong boots!

Oh, we were wearing those. I'm a hiking newbie, too. Realized my mistake when I arrived at the rocks, had a lot of near-twists, eek. I plan on hiking much more so will purchase some sturdy boots.

Thanks for your kind comments, Plasticspanner, Chase, Chiller, Photogal, and M@ko!

you have some amazing pictures here! great job!

Building great memories! Really loved photos 4 and 9. Can't tell you how many times I've unsuccessfully tried a shot like #4. Thanks for sharing.

Chase said:
You have some great shots in there, mixed in with additional shots that really make the whole story complete. Really liked this series, well done!

I think Chase sums it up well here. There are some really gorgeous shots in there. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Beautiful countryside - and you guys look like you had a blast out there. Some awesome captures, too. :thumbup:

And I love the last one - a great "parting shot"! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back