Just a candid

Jeffm73

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I seem to enjoy doing candid shots.

Any advice comments or criticism is appreciated.

DSC_3702.jpg

IMG%5D

I like it, candids are my favorite !

Well the difference is preparing the person for their picture being taken. That way you can take the time to pose and set up your camera just right.

Either way....this is not a bad shot at all. I think its pretty good for a "hey you" shot!

Well those are my thoughts anyways.

I have never been good at posing people for my photos, so most of my people shots are candids or - as OldNavy puts it so nicely - "hey you!"-shots, too, and if DOF is so well chosen as it is here, then I really like them. I think I personally would suck at studio photography and all my models would look forced into their pose. So hey!, this is one for me - though it really cries for being vertical! That would also help get rid of the blown-out white of his t-shirt on the shoulder that we see.

Is there a second photo?
I get one pic and one red x...

Well the difference is preparing the person for their picture being taken. That way you can take the time to pose and set up your camera just right.

Either way....this is not a bad shot at all. I think its pretty good for a "hey you" shot!

Thanks oldNavy.

I appreciate you commenting.

I have never been good at posing people for my photos, so most of my people shots are candids or - as OldNavy puts it so nicely - "hey you!"-shots, too, and if DOF is so well chosen as it is here, then I really like them. I think I personally would suck at studio photography and all my models would look forced into their pose. So hey!, this is one for me - though it really cries for being vertical! That would also help get rid of the blown-out white of his t-shirt on the shoulder that we see.

Is there a second photo?
I get one pic and one red x...

I'm so far away from studio photography. I don't think I'd be very good at it either.

I will have to try to shot vertical more often. It's just not something that I think about when I should.

I think the red x must be from me putting in the wrong picture link when I tried to post this originally. The x didn't show up on my screen, so I didn't realize it was there.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Is it just me or is the white balance off in this? A bit on the cold side, otherwise great. I love candids because it removes people's reaction to the camera from the equation. Some candids especially of the camera shy or people who always make the same stupid smile are great.

I agree. Not bad for a short notice candid. Depth of field is good, and focus is right on. I do notice a bluish/magenta cast on his face though which makes the skin tone a bit cold.

His expression is pretty cool. Nice job!

NJ

Is it just me or is the white balance off in this? A bit on the cold side, otherwise great. I love candids because it removes people's reaction to the camera from the equation. Some candids especially of the camera shy or people who always make the same stupid smile are great.

That is very possible. My monitor isn't calibrated, so i go with what appears to be close. If I recall, I think I set it at 5100K. I'll check again when I get home. Is there a stardad that it should be set at, or does it vary somewhat on the lighting conditions?

Thanks for commenting.

I agree. Not bad for a short notice candid. Depth of field is good, and focus is right on. I do notice a bluish/magenta cast on his face though which makes the skin tone a bit cold.

His expression is pretty cool. Nice job!

NJ

Thanks NJman

I'll have to look into getting some type of hardware calibration I guess. I don't see the bluish cast, but as i said, not using a calibrated monitor, so that could very well be the reason that I don't notice it.

Thanks for commenting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back