Just A Couple Kids In Love

Tee

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It was rainy, cold, and dreary but that didn't stop us from having fun. C&C if you'd like. Or laugh. Or make snarky comments. It's a party! Thanks for looking.

$BE1.ws.jpg

$BE17.ws.jpg

$BE4.ws.jpg

$BE12.ws.jpg

$BE3.ws.jpg

$BE2.ws.jpg

$BE20.ws.jpg

Last edited:
You know me, I'm a big fan of long focal length and shallow DoF in portraits. I think they all look nice, but I think you should choose 1 or 2 out of the first three... As they're all pretty similar. I would go with 1&3 personally. I'm not sure how I feel about the thing behind them in those first 3 photos... You can't really tell what it is, or the purpose. However it looks like you may have been trying to cut out the amount of other background distractions created by the roadway. That's just my guess. What was on the opposite side of the railing, behind where you were photographing them from?

4&5 I'm not sure about... I'm assuming that the ice cream shop has a meaning to them? Like they met there or something? It's a cool tie in, but I would have shot from a much lower angle to minimize background distractions such as pedestrians. At least on 4 that would have likely worked.

6 would have worked better if it were a wider shot, IMO. Give them a sense of environment. The moment they're in can still be captured, but the wider angle would provide context. A place that friends of theirs could also relate to when seeing the photos.

7 is a nice shot, but I feel that you should crop in the top left side a bit to minimize the buildings and draw more attention to them.

Overall, nice set. :)

Last edited:
Thanks Tyler. I see what you mean about the similarity. Number 1 was their favorite of the series.

Tee said:
Thanks Tyler. I see what you mean about the similarity. Number 1 was their favorite of the series.

Oh wait, I just noticed you didn't ask for C&C...

No worries. It's in a sub-forum that allows it so that's why I didn't put the C&C in there. I just assumed people would chime in. All input welcome.

ETA: I threw the C&C tidbit in my intro post.

Tee said:
No worries. It's in a sub-forum that allows it so that's why I didn't put the C&C in there. I just assumed people would chime in. All input welcome.

ETA: I threw the C&C tidbit in my intro post.

Cool, I sliced and diced my original post a few times. :p

Tyler-

Great critique. I found myself nodding along and then banging my head on the table wishing I could have a do-over. :lol: The ice cream shop is where they had their first date. You were correct about me attempting to crop out the surrounding distractions. That drawbridge (images 1-5) is under some serious construction. I totally see what you're saying about getting lower to minimize distractions. Thanks!

Tee said:
Tyler-

Great critique. I found myself nodding along and then banging my head on the table wishing I could have a do-over. :lol: The ice cream shop is where they had their first date. You were correct about me attempting to crop out the surrounding distractions. That drawbridge (images 1-5) is under some serious construction. I totally see what you're saying about getting lower to minimize distractions. Thanks!

Well, you were working in a set of circumstances not entirely within your control. Shooting lower is something that I've found helps pay off... It's just hard getting in the habit of it. You did a nice job though and I am sure they're happy.

Hey, since it's a party: pics 1-3..

"Good bye dear.. I love you with all my heart"
"I do too Steven, I'll miss you"
*splat* *crunch*

"Oh dear lord why did you have to crush the love of my life in a humongously huge nutcracker!"

Most reactions

Back