Just a Girl and Her Canon... And a Boy with His Glock

Responsible gun ownership.... funny how people seem to assume Jess doesn't know what she and the subject are doing. Of course the thing wasn't loaded, and of course they checked and double checked before getting ready to take photos. No, I've never met her, but she "seems" to be the full bob, and one would assume somebody who owns a Glock, and are considering getting an AK would know more than a little bit about guns and safety etc. Bringing up stories about idiots (with all due respect to the dead) who thought they were invincible just because they wore a uniform is irrelevant. They were skylarking and behaving like children with loaded guns. Now they're dead. I feel sorry for their families.

I'm a country girl; been shooting for a long time (guns and cameras!). Boyfriend left to go on a business trip and was about to give me a lesson on loading and shooting the Mossberg. Imagine his surprise when little old me took the gun and loaded it without any assitance :)

This thread is funny. I shall delete it last.

You meant, a girl and a dirty sensor? :p

<wise ass>Dirty mirror since it's in the down position. The sensor is behind it :) </wise ass>
For some reason I find the chipping polish on her nails distracting.

The end of the barrel looks a bit soft to me, perhaps it's not perfectly focused?

That's what I thought too. Maybe tad too shallow DOF as well.

Yay! Morals on the internet!

Great SHOT! pun intended

<wise ass>Dirty mirror since it's in the down position. The sensor is behind it :) </wise ass>

:er: ?

The comment about the dirty sensor had to do with not having a body cap on the camera. Not about being able to actually see the sensor, but about the camera body being left open, and held with the lens mount facing upwards, allowing dust to enter.

Had nothing to do with the mirror being dirty.

^^just don't post it here. post it on your own site.
I'll post if I like. It's not a violation, as already mentioned by Overread. If YOU don't like, then YOU don't have to look.

Jess may learn from above.
Learn what, exactly? Actually, don't answer that. I already know the answer and don't care to hear it.

The end of the barrel looks a bit soft to me, perhaps it's not perfectly focused?

That's what I thought too. Maybe tad too shallow DOF as well.

It does look that way to me too. I'm going to retake it soon and get as far back as the sight in focus (someone suggested that, I think)

I know its already been discussed but its funny to me how people get scared of the gun. The glock is so simple and can be disasmbled in seconds and or visually and physically checked. You should always know the state of your gun. Once its empty i dont care what is done with it as long as all parties know the gun is safe

:er: ?

The comment about the dirty sensor had to do with not having a body cap on the camera. Not about being able to actually see the sensor, but about the camera body being left open, and held with the lens mount facing upwards, allowing dust to enter.

Had nothing to do with the mirror being dirty.

I see. Well, I was talking about the specs on the mirror that are visible in the photo.

Oh good Lord.

Can I request to have this locked? I came for critique on a photo, not for judgment as to how "stupid" I apparently am. Thanks to those who have actually critiqued the photo and didn't just come on here to talk s***.

Photo is dark. As noted the sight is out of focus. Models hand placement is poor, with both the trigger being covered as well as his thumb jutting out rather awkwardly. It should be flush with the bottom of the slide, but not on it. As it is now it's distracting.

I don't particularly like the lighting, as it appears the flash is front and right/center lending to some wonky shadows on the models face as well as his knuckles being washed out, while leaving the left side of the models hand dark.

As for the critique you asked for it. Posting the picture in your words elicited a response. That you don't like either the tone or commentary is irrelevant. Sorry.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back