snerd

Anti-Dentite
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
internetwhispers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
But I'm having such fun I wanted to post it! Maybe I should get better before trying B&W?!

$bw.jpg

I think if you like B&W, and thats the type of picture you want to produce, then you should keep shooting it.

I can't see any reason while learning you can't do so in black and white.

I can't see any reason while learning you can't do so in black and white.

This.

Youre still learning so why not learn how to do black and white photos correctly. I say keep trying all different styles until you find something that works for you.

Beginning photography students usually started with black and white film. I also see no reason to wait to start shooting digital black and white pictures. It's not like there's anything to lose. You can shoot a thousand pictures, delete them all if you don't like them, and start over again. You're not paying for film, development, and printing. Where's the risk? Shoot away!

Keep at it!! If you love black and white, go for it :)

But I'm having such fun I wanted to post it! Maybe I should get better before trying B&W?!
Are you kidding me ? Get K1000, load it with TriX so you have no choice (of color version) and learn thinking in "black & white". Your fun will grow. :thumbup:

snerd, I can see that you totally did not read or ignored the warning signs that are posted EVERYWHERE at the refuge. Buffalo and Long Horn cattle are wild animals and are very dangerous ;) Nice shot.

snerd, I can see that you totally did not read or ignored the warning signs that are posted EVERYWHERE at the refuge. Buffalo and Long Horn cattle are wild animals and are very dangerous ;) Nice shot.
Heh! I stay within a foot or two of the car on most longhorn or bison shots. There were a TON of new calves this year and mama's are more jittery than I've seen in a long time. What's sickening is the bloody tourists walking 100 feet or more out into a field........ with small children in tow! Idiots!!

The cow on the left was keeping an eye on you. Looked at your page, you have some nice photos there. This is more in reference to your other thread but if you're finding you have a lot of shots that are about the same maybe think about what's in your viewfinder before you release the shutter. If I don't like the way it looks sometimes I don't take the picture and walk around some more til I see 'it'.

I'd just adjust the contrast on this one and I think you'd be good, I think it's a well balanced composition. What I learned with B&W film and darkroom work was to have a 'white' white and a 'black' black somewhere in the photo (not in highlights or reflections in my experience) then adjust from there (or the instructor sends you back to work on it some more). With digital I still use that as a guideline. When I'm shooting B&W I think about it when I'm deciding what to photograph, notice the light and dark in the scene, etc.

I liked all your pictures of scenic vistas where the buffalo roam - and a cat!

Sometimes after a horisontal snapshot it is worth making a vertical.

$bw.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back