Just a sunflower ((:

Pixal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$003 (2).JPG
As the title states :)) Aren't the little curly Q's in the middle cute?! :)
CC welcome

It almost looks like they are burnt, lol. I would have like to have seen a better crop, all of the flower. Nice pic though.

With the way you have this composed, my eye ends up resting on your signature. Is that what you intended?

@Grey beard: No sir, lol. I can fix it to where the signature isn't so prominent. thats the copy i use for my facebook. :)

I like the overall softness of the exposure. Your composition just seems a little tight. I wouldn't have cropped it so much so that all the pedals were within the frame.

Thanks :) Thats the in camera crop; I was shooting with a 35mm prime. Sometimes its hard to get close to things; I need to swap over to my 55-200mm every so often :)

95% of my florals are with my 55-200mm with one of three extension tubes. Of course I work with a tripod.

You have the VR version of the nikkor 55-200MM and you still use a tripod? P:
Seems I need to invest in a tripod.. lol

You have the VR version of the nikkor 55-200MM and you still use a tripod? P:
Seems I need to invest in a tripod.. lol

Yes I do. The VR option hinders the quality of the overall image. However I use it when there is motion like flying birds, etc. For still lifes, Butterflies, Insects, etc. I turn off the VR option, which is even recommended by Nikon.

I work with a tripod for all but motion/action images for a few reasons.
1-It lets me work more slowly, where I can concentrate on all facets of the picture, shoot HDR where each frame is exactly like the other two. Holding the camera in one position for any length of time creates movement. Not so with the tripod.
2- 90% of my florals and macro work I'm lower then eye level. I use a Nikon DR-6 right angle viewfinder. A tripod is a must.
3- 90% of my work is done in AP. I really don't care what the shutter speed is as long as there isn't subject movement from wind. Lets me use 100-200 ISO where handheld would be 400-800 or so, which is unacceptable to me.
4- I extensively use a set of Kenko tubes that decrease DOF, and show the slightest motion.
5- Outside of motion type images, I also use a shutter cable release that lets me move away from being behind the camera at lall times. An example is using an umbrella (I'm experimenting with one) to create diffused light on bright days.

Most reactions

Back