Just a thank you......

ShelleySnapz

Photographer for hire!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I wanted to thank everyone that gave me such positive comments and even rep points for the photo of my fathers hand
~~~~> http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=388053#post388053 <~~~~

Three days after I posted this photo he passed away. Which is why I was gone for so long. I did submit another photo in Landscape & Nature called Whispers Of Light if you havent seen it yet. That was taken the day after his memorial service. A friend of mine said my dad was smiling down on me that day, giving me the opportunity to catch such a beautiful site for everyone else to see as well. Thank you again for the wonderful comments on that photo as well.

Now....HOW do I get back into the swing of things and start taking pictures again? I just dont really feel the urge like I did 3 weeks ago...I need to get out and "see" again. Can ya help a gal out? give me some ideas!

Just take it slow. When the time is right, you'll naturally feel the need to start shooting more again. I also did see the new photo, and haven't commented yet. But I think it is a beautiful shot and I can definitely see why your friend mentioned him smiling down on you.

Thank you chase...I really wish that mmy dad could see how much progress I have made in the last year...a lot of it so I could impress him LOL!!
I certainly wont pass up anny photo op that comes my way...maybe it will help me get back into the swing of things!

ShelleySnapz said:
Thank you chase...I really wish that mmy dad could see how much progress I have made in the last year...a lot of it so I could impress him LOL!!
I certainly wont pass up anny photo op that comes my way...maybe it will help me get back into the swing of things!

he knows :hugs:

sounds like you have a plan. good luck to you and by all means look to the TPF for assistance and encouragement whenever you need it. i know firsthand the power of friendship that exists here. :thumbup:

JonMikal said:
he knows :hugs:

sounds like you have a plan. good luck to you and by all means look to the TPF for assistance and encouragement whenever you need it. i know firsthand the power of friendship that exists here. :thumbup:

Very true. :thumbup:

Photography is very therapeutic in that it allows you to go out alone, have time to think and see things in a different way. Hopefully you'll start shooting subjects with emotions inside yourself to produce such fantastic images as your fathers hand. :)

Now go get some therapy! :hugs:

shelly, like chase said, give it time...you will jump back in when its right...

and like jonmikal said, friendships here will help carry you thru....

(man, they took all the good answers....)

allow yourself to grieve..and keep in contact...!!

Glad to see you back here, Shelly. Giving yourself some time is never a bad idea. :hugs:

That said, one of the fastest ways to "get out and 'see' again" is to pick up a new and weird camera and go play with it. You won't have to even try to see differently, because the camera is going to force you to do it! :lol:

Inexpensive options are the Lomo fisheye, or the Holga - both film cameras, one 35mm and the Holga is 120 (the poor man's medium format/toy). Anytime I feel I'm in a rut for any reason whatever, those little cameras come to my rescue and I'm marvelling over photography all over again. :)

Best of luck to you, Shelly!

::hugs:: our thoughts are with you... wherever you are. just take a camera and think that life is beautiful... but short... so do not waste YOUR time...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back