What's new

Just a view along the Beach

simplyinfinite

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$IMG_1250 - Copy.webp$IMG_1599.webp$IMG_1608.webp

I took some pictures when we went to the beach, just had the camera on basic mode. I don't know if there's anything else I can improve with this photos, not to mention I'm just new with this stuff. Hope I can get some feedback from you guys.:confused:
 
My initial thoughts:

First row, left: this is not too bad, but you have placed the horizon right in the middle of the picture. This is generally considered not the best placement. Check out rule of thirds and horizons. It is unfortunate that there are no clouds higher in the sky, but we often have to take what we can get.

First row, right: again, not a bad picture, but you cut the bird in half with the horizon. I would try to either lower or raise the horizon so it is not doing this. I would also clone out the two bits of distracting boats(?) in the background. Also, you have the bird in the centre of the picture, I am not sure how much you have cropped this one, but the usual approach, again the rule of thirds, is to place the bird on the right or left third looking into the other two thirds of the image.

Bottom, left: there is too much distraction in the background and again, the bird is right in the centre of the picture. In this case, with the bird looking to the right, I would have moved it a bit to the left third line of the image.

Hope this helps.

WesternGuy
 
Thank you so much for your comments, at least I have some idea what to do next time. These were the first three photos that I took with a DSLR and I didn't have that much knowledge with it yet. So I appreciate your comment. :)
 
Thank you so much for your comments, at least I have some idea what to do next time. These were the first three photos that I took with a DSLR and I didn't have that much knowledge with it yet. So I appreciate your comment. :)

No problem, glad I could help. You say you are just starting out, then you might want to check out some of the links in this URL - Photography Composition Articles Library - they might be of some help to you "starting out". I also found these of some help when I was starting out - Advanced Composition -- Part I - this is the first of a three-part series with the links to the second part at the bottom of the first part, etc.

Hope this helps.

WesternGuy
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom