Just another walk in the park

Dinardy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a different perspective that not many without children get to see, I found this photo not too long ago in my HUGE family folder.
I have thousands of family snapshots that I still haven't found the time to look through.
I went with B&W simply because the vibrant colors kind of pulled away from the eyes and... I like B&W
I actually did direct placement/fixed hair as best I could, I didn't have much control over light... annnd the lower half of her body but that wasn't important (I got some pretty graphic images!)

We had both been up around 24 hours.

C&C is welcome of course.

Just one of those days... by A A Jones, on Flickr

2. Color version without crop, because I forgot to.

DSC_5714 by A A Jones, on Flickr

Last edited:
before bed bumper

It seems a little too busy for me. I like the look of the shot and the b+w edit is great. Just seems like there is no clear subject to me. Although it's obvious that you were going for her face, the dark gloves contrasting to the white blanket make for a distracting eye-catching part of the scene. Maybe a clockwise 90 degree rotation would help? I'm not too sure. The eyes look good, but again everything else distracts from the eyes.

I like it. It's a "live action" shot, you can't set up something like this. "Dr, can you step aside, please?" and "Nurse, get those electrical contact things out of the way and that darned tube out of her arm, they're going to distract from my subject! ... and while you're at it smooth the sheet down and can we have some beige sterile gloves in the shot instead of those nasty blue ones? Oh yeah, and dump the baby, too." ;)

The B&W works. Gorgeous eyes and well done on the hair, at this point in the procedure it's usually a sweaty, tangled mess (or was it a C section?). 90 degree rotation gives it a different feel, I quite like that view, too. :thumbup:

Outstanding family shot. Yeah, it's cluttered....a modern hospital delivery can have six or seven people in the room! Those purple gloves the nurses wear...they're iconic of this era! The mother, all hooked up with tubes and tape on her wrist, a monitor on her shoulder...VERY REAL! I like every single element, even that bit of tubing at the bottom, and the nurse's hand positioning show comforting/attentiveness. Outstanding.

I love this. Yes, its busy.. but it completely tells the story here. And fwiw, she looks much too gorgeous to have just birthed that baby! lol

Yep Great shot of beautiful mom and baby.

I like it. It's a "live action" shot, you can't set up something like this. "Dr, can you step aside, please?" and "Nurse, get those electrical contact things out of the way and that darned tube out of her arm, they're going to distract from my subject! ... and while you're at it smooth the sheet down and can we have some beige sterile gloves in the shot instead of those nasty blue ones? Oh yeah, and dump the baby, too." ;)

The B&W works. Gorgeous eyes and well done on the hair, at this point in the procedure it's usually a sweaty, tangled mess (or was it a C section?). 90 degree rotation gives it a different feel, I quite like that view, too. :thumbup:

This was a C-section, definitely a controlled mess. Even at the second time around it was frightening.

Thanks all! I'm glad it was liked, I appreciate the comments

Last edited:
As a mother and a woman I would love to have a photo like this in my family album, pure love and happiness. Really nice :)

I like this a lot, yes it is a very busy photo and your eye scatters across the whole thing before you pick a spot to focus on but thats the way it should be. Thats how the hospital rooms and atmosphere is, very busy and chaotic so it fits perfectly.

Thanks guys! Nice to see my girls get some positive feedback

Sent from my iPhone

It seems a little too busy for me. I like the look of the shot and the b+w edit is great. Just seems like there is no clear subject to me. Although it's obvious that you were going for her face, the dark gloves contrasting to the white blanket make for a distracting eye-catching part of the scene. Maybe a clockwise 90 degree rotation would help? I'm not too sure. The eyes look good, but again everything else distracts from the eyes.

Oh and thank you brown for being the critical one. I'm always open to feedback. Although I left it horizontal because it felt off balance and top heavy in portrait. I would have cropped out more, but I felt it pulled away from the story.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back