Just became a photography major...

Ballistics

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
...just because. It's @ my local community college but they have ties with SUNY schools like FIT in manhattan, which is where I plan on finishing my degree after next year. I never really expected to enjoy photography this much, but this is the first thing that I have ever done that I have found rewarding and that has held my interest from start to finish. Looking forward to my progression.

Congrat's!
Our community college is finally developing a photography program here that ties in to SUNY... It's kind of nice when you can do that early stuff closer to home (cheaper) and then finish at the bigger (more expensive) school!

Congrat's!
Our community college is finally developing a photography program here that ties in to SUNY... It's kind of nice when you can do that early stuff closer to home (cheaper) and then finish at the bigger (more expensive) school!

Oh cool. I'm on long island. I go to Suffolk County Community College.

I am as far away from you as I can get and still live in the same state!

I'm guessing you are by Niagara falls

I'm at a community college studying photography right now too, though I'm all the way over in California. I've been looking into photojournalism myself, do you know what you want to do with photography specifically?

I'm at a community college studying photography right now too, though I'm all the way over in California. I've been looking into photojournalism myself, do you know what you want to do with photography specifically?

I like studio photography, and I also like sports photography but I have no real direction. Just really going for the buffet and getting a little bit of everything.

I like studio photography, and I also like sports photography but I have no real direction. Just really going for the buffet and getting a little bit of everything.

Sounds like the best route. I haven't had much interest in studio work myself, especially dealing with people, though I haven't really given it an honest effort. I love film for fine art and creativity, but for me to seriously consider a career in photography I know I have to go digital. Never going to give up shooting film as a side project though

Sounds like the best route. I haven't had much interest in studio work myself, especially dealing with people, though I haven't really given it an honest effort. I love film for fine art and creativity, but for me to seriously consider a career in photography I know I have to go digital. Never going to give up shooting film as a side project though

I am really just going to school to collect the benefits from the GI Bill. I've never had a passion for photography,art or anything like that, but it's something that I recently discovered that I enjoy doing. This account is 2 months older than my camera lol so I am very new in the world of photography, but I am enjoying my stay. My main goal is to earn a degree and wind up getting commissioned.

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Enjoy the program, the ride, and the people around you.

I have 2 friends that went to FIT. And my neighbor's daughter goes to FIT. Awesome school for commercial photography. You also get a chance to apply to study abroad in Italy. She did say the hardest part was getting a good internship which is required to graduate. You have to be on the top of your game. It is VERY competitive.

I have 2 friends that went to FIT. And my neighbor's daughter goes to FIT. Awesome school for commercial photography. You also get a chance to apply to study abroad in Italy. She did say the hardest part was getting a good internship which is required to graduate. You have to be on the top of your game. It is VERY competitive.

I was under the impression that internships are provided by the school?

I was under the impression that internships are provided by the school?

Internship opportunities are offered. But if you aren't on the ball, and have at least SOME skills in the field of the internship for which you are applying, then there are about 15 other people (hypothetically) for the company offering the internship to choose from.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back