Just been playing ...

hehe...my dad got a new D70 for his birthday. Some how I dont think he'll let me play with it for a long time though...I mean when he got a new truck my mom didnt drive it for about a year :p

Haha , I hear ya ;)
She ( my neighbour ) and I have been talking about her purchase ( she had it on lay -by ) for the past month and I was just as excited as her !
Now all I gotta do is get her to put it down long enough so I can take it for a run ... :twisted: :lol:

My friend bought one too when it just came out. He actualy let me borrow it for a weekend. Im so in love with it. Hence why Im selling half of my belongings to buy one!

what canon? You cant beat what you get for the price you pay. a grand for the body is a steal IMO. Show me a canon thats got the same features if not better for the same price if not better.

My 300D. Hands down. Lower cost, same sensor as the high end Canon DSLRs, much better ISO rating (the d70 won't even do ISO 100!). I give up some on the burst mode framerate, but I'll take that tradeoff. Also, I just like canon glass more than nikon.

The D70 does ISO from 200 to 1600.

Ill check out the canon though. Im looking at other options.

I also love how once you turn the D70 on, there is no delay, its instantly on.

That is cool. I'm a bit skeptical of 'instant' though. My 300D boots in about a second and a half. From some of the comparisons I've read, the d70 at ISO 200 is about the same as the canon at ISO 150 or 175.

Why are you skeptical of the instant power? You can get the 300d with a lense a heck of a lot cheaper than the D70. Ill have to find a 300D to shoot.

Is the view finder a lcd screen or you look through the lense?

Sorry Shark, I have to pipe in... The 300D is a great camera and you can't go wrong with it...

but to address your issue with the D70... there is no ISO100 because that is the limit of the sensor. Sure, they could have included an ISO100 but there would be more digital noise than 200. Besides the noise on ISO200 looks more like natural film grain than the canon. And the difference is only distinguishable on the computer monitor at 100%. Print an 11x14 of either and the difference disappears.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back