Just bought my first car!

Nice old mustang.

An interesting anecdote concerning the price of gas: An acquaintance's teenage son wanted a car of his own, so dad buys him an early 70's pick-up and then spends a good 6 months restoring the body and modifying engine and drive train. At the end of all that work, teenage son rolls out his absolutely gorgeous souped up pick up, red flames and all. The thing can be heard all the way down the block, does the 1/4 mile somewhere in the vicinity of 12 or 13 seconds and is the talk of the town. So I ask dad what he was thinking about, such a vehicle for a young driver? I must say I could not argue with his reasoning.

--- The thing burns so much gas he'll only ever have enough money to go 10 - 20 miles in it.

---- Being a standard cab truck with buckets he'll ever only be able to get one friend at a time in it.

----- The thing is so damn loud I'll know whenever he takes it out. He certainly can't sneak out without me knowing.

------ Anywhere in town he takes it, he will be noticed. He won't be hard to find or where he's been.

Nice old mustang.

An interesting anecdote concerning the price of gas: An acquaintance's teenage son wanted a car of his own, so dad buys him an early 70's pick-up and then spends a good 6 months restoring the body and modifying engine and drive train. At the end of all that work, teenage son rolls out his absolutely gorgeous souped up pick up, red flames and all. The thing can be heard all the way down the block, does the 1/4 mile somewhere in the vicinity of 12 or 13 seconds and is the talk of the town. So I ask dad what he was thinking about, such a vehicle for a young driver? I must say I could not argue with his reasoning.

--- The thing burns so much gas he'll only ever have enough money to go 10 - 20 miles in it.

---- Being a standard cab truck with buckets he'll ever only be able to get one friend at a time in it.

----- The thing is so damn loud I'll know whenever he takes it out. He certainly can't sneak out without me knowing.

------ Anywhere in town he takes it, he will be noticed. He won't be hard to find or where he's been.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

6 cylinders? If you have a place to work on it. I would bet that if you got some tuned headers and some performance carbs and got that engine to breathe No one would believe the power you would get out of that engine.

Advise I was given but not fortunate enough to follow through. :(

(I bet there may be fiberglass front end and body parts to cut down the weight)

I did not realize these items existed for most American engines until I got my hands on a JCWhitney catalog - before the internet.

Good luck with it!

A time when cars were elegant and beautyful.

a 428 belong in that car :)

If somebody deserved a 1969 Mustang Coupe more than anyone else than it's you. What a decent bunch of metal in your garage. What about the winters in your area? Do you have lots of snow and probably salted streets (they do this in parts of Europe to reduce the freezing point). Take care to wax the car an (in case of cold winters) consider to make some protective undercoating. Have fun with your wild horse!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back