Just chillin'...

arais81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wish the composition was better, I like the lines, but not sure about the butterfly sitting in the middle there... but I've never taken photos of butterflies before and damn, they can be fast! Anyhow, I thought the colors were alright (the green), but I would like the butterfly to stand out a bit...any thoughts?

5665667364_d0c75f09c3.jpg

Awesome Picture, but you are right, I think it needs to be in a third. I know Butterflies are very hard to get, they all have A.D.D

Like Eclivic said, crop to one of the thirds - preferably bottom left. The eye will be more naturally drawn to it. Objects in the middle, especially if they're quite small like this one and in a big space of vibrant green, will get lost in the overpowering background.

One way to make it stand out more would be to select the background and partially desaturate it - not too much, but right now much of it is a very intense green that really draws the eye. You could also darken the bright spot behind the butterfly a bit and maybe lighten the shadow on the butterfly.

yeah, I don't like that bright spot either. Might do it when I'll have photoshop again. Ron, how exactly would you crop it? It says my photos are not ok to edit, but I give you permission, just to get an idea what you mean.

Here is what I was thinking of as far as the crop goes. As Ken suggested I also reduced the green saturation to accent the BF. The white spots on the wings were blown out so I attempted to bring back a little detail.

mod-3.jpg

Most reactions

Back