Just..... different stuffs.

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
My camera bag is getting heavier but I've been taking fewer and fewer photos. I guess I've just become too picky nowadays on when to press the shutter.
Also, I dread to edit photos in my memory card. I used to do 200+ edits marathons but it's wearing on me. Anyways, here are some from recent trips. I don't want to create many threads, so I am going to dump all of them here.

The first location is Mt Ali in Taiwan. This is where the best tea come from on this island. My friend who's a local took me to this spot supposedly great for sunset shots, but the clouds moved in and all we could see is white.

DSC_6804_1_zps7fef05a5.jpg

DSC_6800_zps7628adf6.jpg

DSC_6799_zpsb7b326ab.jpg

Then just something you all can consider doing the next time you BBQ. Here's my grandparents baking sweet potatoes in salt. As you can see, it's an old wok(any metal container will do) on coal fire. The sweet potatoes are placed on the salt and covered with a lid. You turn the sweet potatoes once a while to make sure all sides are cooked. Obviously you don't eat the salt, but it does get into your mouth. The occasional saltiness adds another layer of flavor to the sweet potato, which interestingly is a nice blend.

DSC_6795_zpsa17f783b.jpg

DSC_6797_zps8eebab2a.jpg

Here's the trail head of an ancient trail that can take you across the islands, crossing some pretty high mountains.

DSC_6865_zpsd883fa97.jpg

DSC_6829_zps12b6b25f.jpg

DSC_6808_zps9fbe47bd.jpg

DSC_6813_zpsbf8388c4.jpg

The region also produces the best rice you can find on this island. It's the start of a new planting cycle now.

DSC_6822_zps43c01bc7.jpg

I like the red bugs quite a bit as well as #2 - just wish there was less sky and more hillside. 4 & 5 are nice as well.

My camera bag is getting heavier but I've been taking fewer and fewer photos. I guess I've just become too picky nowadays on when to press the shutter.
Also, I dread to edit photos in my memory card. I used to do 200+ edits marathons but it's wearing on me.

Same here. I decided it was due to my tendency to go out shooting without any clear goal in mind. I tend to shoot what I see rather than look for certain shots that are planned in advance.
I shoot far less when I have a plan, but I also enjoy spontaneous creativity. Always a battle. I have stuff I haven't looked at. I imagine if I shot film I'd be one of those people with boxes of undeveloped rolls. ;)

One of my goals this year is to shoot more project/theme oriented stuff to try to get more focused.

Sounds good anyway - we'll see how that works out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back