Just Dumb Luck

Bynx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
To me, this isnt a bad shot. But thats not the fault of the operator or his equipment. It was just dumb luck. The storm is just starting and an image of it is already on the internet. Sometimes I still have difficulty getting my head around that.

34xkugp.jpg

The sound of sirens have started to attend to the damage caused by this strike. Amazing.

After a couple of bolts of lightning and a couple of loud bangs I jumped up, set up the tripod and set the camera up, pointed north with a wide angle lens. Shutter for 30 seconds, the ISO was around 100 but I didnt check, aperture around f10. Set the focus on just short of infinity and pushed the button in the dark. Then the lighning struck and this was the result. No skill at all. This was my first lightning strike. Now if I was only in a nice spot, like on the top of a hill over all the trees.

Wow, I've never so far had this luck - ever in my life. Cool to be catching one that touches the ground even, with this one being the first you ever captured!
ENVY! ;)

Pretty good shot! Very nice!

You are supposed to huff breath on your fingernails and then buff them on your pec muscle, and say, "Yeah, it was easy..."

Well it was easy Derrel. I just clicked the button and the camera waited for the lightning to strike. And it did. How easy is that?

After a couple of bolts of lightning and a couple of loud bangs I jumped up, set up the tripod and set the camera up, pointed north with a wide angle lens. Shutter for 30 seconds, the ISO was around 100 but I didnt check, aperture around f10. Set the focus on just short of infinity and pushed the button in the dark. Then the lighning struck and this was the result. No skill at all. This was my first lightning strike. Now if I was only in a nice spot, like on the top of a hill over all the trees.

...and that is called skill ;)

Outstanding..... Amazing....

Regards :D

awesome shot :thumbup: thank you

Take the credit for an outstanding shot. You made the decision to setup, knew that a 30 second exposure would work, and it did. It took 1 shot, could have taken 50 shots. The point is you nailed it. As for a better spot, the hill with a camera on a metal tripod could have made you a nice target. Safe at home even gets you more points.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back