What's new

Just for you OVERREAD!!

Mishie - just picked up the MPE eh!

Congrats on your purchase!!!
I got to tell ya w/ all that extra crap on the lens it's damn hard to hold it steady!! Oh and don't drink while shooting......that makes it worse...lol

Ahh no no I meant had you just picked it up ;P Had mine for a little while now and added all kinds of extra gubbins to the front now :
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5172/5451068014_b2b7db9ab6.jpg
diffusion is the tricky bit of the setup for those shiny insect shells
 
Very nice, I love the colors. You did quite well with your foray into entomological imagery. :) The face makes you think of a tribal mask. Neat image.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #18
No my hubby had it for awhile. I just would get fustrated when I would take it out because I would get blurry pictures all the time. lol I'm starting to understand the flash better so that helps.

LOL at that picture!!! That's a serious setup!! How in the world do you get the little guys to stay in one place long enough to use a tripod? :er: Other than catching them throwing them in the freeze for a few minutes.
 
Early mornings or feeding are two of the best times. Many insects are very sleepy in the morning and will be incredible lethargic (its how I got my hornet shot - the bug just couldn't move it was chilled from the normal nighttime). Feeding is agian another time when they are pretty single minded about what they want to do (though the trick here is getting them without their bums facing you). Many (like wasps) even get very drunk on food like rotting apples and are then very easy to approach - the harder part is getting all the diffusion gear closer :P
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #21
Over......now that you said that.....I remember you telling someone before to do that. I think I also remember someone catching bugs and putting them in the freezer for a few minutes to slow them down....lol Thanks for the help!!

Thanks for the comments everyone!!
 
I'd personally just put bugs in a naturally cool and shady spot to slow them down, and then take the photo in that area as well. Fridges (freezers will shock kill them) can work, but the insect will also start to respond to being brought out into the warmer environment and start warming itself up. Not just from ambient heat, but many that have wings will move wing muscles (disconnected from their wings) to build up heat.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #23
Ok.....no freezer.....lol I wasn't planning on doing that anyway.....;)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #25
Thanks halestorm!!!!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #27
Thanks Blacksheep!!
 
i hate all the bug shots on here... bit this one is actually good
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom