What's new

Just getting my feet wet Advice Apprectiated

JFP

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
19
Reaction score
7
Location
Cape Cod
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

I'm sure you have all heard this story before, I got my rebel T3 a week ago after debating who hobby I wanted to pursue for months. Photography is what I decided on.

Since getting my camera I have taken a lot of photos, attached are my favorites so far. Of course advice is welcome.

Thanks,
JF


IMG_0055 by fluKeKe, on Flickr


IMG_0198 by fluKeKe, on Flickr


IMG_0155 by fluKeKe, on Flickr


IMG_0211 by fluKeKe, on Flickr


IMG_0104 by fluKeKe, on Flickr
 
Not too bad for early days! Keep getting out there and shooting in such beautiful lighting conditions. Lighting and light, and how the camera is positioned in relation to the light, is a big part of success or failure. You have a wonderful location there-KEEP SHOOTING it!

Learning is awesome. creativeLIVE: Free Live Video Tutorials & Online Training Courses is a great place to learn; they broadcast live most of the day, from 9 to 4, then re-broadcast the taped show during the evenings, so it's accessible to many people after work.
 
R.T.F.M.

Next R.T.F.M. again!

The better you understand your gear and how to use it and undstand the basics of photography the better prepared you will be when you hit challenging situations.
Good place to learn: Digital Photography Tutorials
 
With any hobby it's usually more fun when you advance. Simply taking snap shots will probably have its limits year after year. With whatever equipment you have, you can learn to craft consistently, predictably good images, so don't get addicted to gear. The key is learning and applying the fundamentals of photography. Go out and do it.

An easy way to start learning the fundamentals is going out and trying this: Testing the Sunny 16 Rule.
 
Not too bad for early days! Keep getting out there and shooting in such beautiful lighting conditions. Lighting and light, and how the camera is positioned in relation to the light, is a big part of success or failure. You have a wonderful location there-KEEP SHOOTING it!
.

The last picture is acctually taken from my appartment window. I am very lucky.
 
Thanks for all the advice so far. I know the pictures I posted are over exposed. Can't wait to get out there again with the knowledge I gained from your posts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
 
Not too bad for early days! Keep getting out there and shooting in such beautiful lighting conditions. Lighting and light, and how the camera is positioned in relation to the light, is a big part of success or failure. You have a wonderful location there-KEEP SHOOTING it!
.

The last picture is acctually taken from my appartment window. I am very lucky.

You most certainly are; wow!
 
Meet Amy Rose


IMG_0360 by fluKeKe, on Flickr

I love the texturing on her ear.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom