Just got a Holga!!!

Did you even look at those shots? :irked:

Besides, I never said you were mean, Charlie my sweet....I said you were grumpy. :sun:

:lol:

I didn't look at those but I have shot with a holga when it was a helga... I know what the camera does.

Grumpy huh, I'll show you grumpy young lady. Go to your room.
No! :p

I might miss something fun.

Getting back to this photographer, he used the Holga in a unique way for a special project that became a book. He found that he gained his subjects' trust more readily, that they didn't mind having their pictures taken when they saw what he was using for a "camera". ;) What's not to chuckle at, after all, when you see a Holga?

For me, it's one of those happy events where everything blended seamlessly, when the equipment used to capture these people was as unassuming as they were - and it all worked.

I just dug it. :)

I liked his "abstract colors" section!!

I got some 120 film today for it. I got Kodak Portra 400. (the light purple package) and some Ilford Delta 400. I'll get this roll developed, but I'm taking a photo course in July so I'm hopping to be able to do this myself shortly.

It'll be my first time using Ilford. Whats the difference between the HP4 and the HP5. The camera shop had a choice between HP4, HP5, Delta and the C-41 stuff...

I liked his "abstract colors" section!!

I got some 120 film today for it. I got Kodak Portra 400. (the light purple package) and some Ilford Delta 400. I'll get this roll developed, but I'm taking a photo course in July so I'm hopping to be able to do this myself shortly.

It'll be my first time using Ilford. Whats the difference between the HP4 and the HP5. The camera shop had a choice between HP4, HP5, Delta and the C-41 stuff...
More than likely, you had a choice between FP4 and HP5, etc. :) Ilford FP4 has an ISO of 125, v. HP5's 400. It's a film speed difference. Both very good films, both available in 35 and 120 formats. Hard to go wrong with it!

Thanks Terri! Hey, I know you're supposed to cover up the counter on the back. How do you know if you've advanced to the next frame if it's covered. You just count the clicks?

Thanks Terri! Hey, I know you're supposed to cover up the counter on the back. How do you know if you've advanced to the next frame if it's covered. You just count the clicks?
I uncover the tape over the window while I'm advancing my film, so I can watch that very thing. Personally, I'm not totally convinced I'd get a light leak from that window, but I cover it dutifully, anyway. Much more important is taping the sides, and the back, which really does have an unfortunate tendency to fly open at the worst possible moment. :lol:

If you toss anything, toss the lens cap. Or at least remember to take it off when you head out to shoot, and leave it at home till you get back. ;)

If you toss anything, toss the lens cap. Or at least remember to take it off when you head out to shoot, and leave it at home till you get back. ;)

I tossed the neck strap too, it seems to be a major culprit in the back popping open at inopportune times, since it hooks onto the slide levers that, ahem, lock the back in place.

I don't use the strap. I wouldn't use the strap on my Canon had it not been already on. I still tape it up, though...when I load the film, the back pops out a tad, so I tape it up to keep it in place as well as insert some cardboard pieces..

I don't use the strap. I wouldn't use the strap on my Canon had it not been already on. I still tape it up, though...when I load the film, the back pops out a tad, so I tape it up to keep it in place as well as insert some cardboard pieces..
Dontcha love all this high-tech stuff? I do! :lovey:

Most reactions

Back