Just got a smoking deal on craigslist!

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some of you may have seen my thread a few days ago about the focusing problems I've been having with my D7000. Those issues prompted me to check my local Craigslist for potential replacements or upgrades.

Long story short, I picked up a minty D7100 with a shutter count of 35k along with a Sigma 17-50 2.8 EX HSM OS, a semi-decent $100 tripod, and a WU-1A wifi adapter.

All for $500.

The camera alone is going for $600-700 on eBay, so I feel like I got a solid deal.

Just wanted to share/brag. Keep your eyes open for a future listing of my tamron 17-50 if I like the sigma better, which I suspect I will.

There are certain serial numbers of the D7000 that do not focus properly with fast primes. If you have that issue, Nikon Service might be of help. They replace huge amounts of the camera for free but they do not confess. But is helps.

Last edited:
Some of you may have seen my thread a few days ago about the focusing problems I've been having with my D7000. Those issues prompted me to check my local Craigslist for potential replacements or upgrades.

Long story short, I picked up a minty D7100 with a shutter count of 35k along with a Sigma 17-50 2.8 EX HSM OS, a semi-decent $100 tripod, and a WU-1A wifi adapter.

All for $500.

The camera alone is going for $600-700 on eBay, so I feel like I got a solid deal.

Just wanted to share/brag. Keep your eyes open for a future listing of my tamron 17-50 if I like the sigma better, which I suspect I will.

Congrats. I think you'll really like the 7100 - I loved mine back in the day. Great camera.

Playing with the 7100 and my 50 1.8, I can absolutely say my focusing issues were with the d7000. Immediately better results with the 7100.

Playing with the 7100 and my 50 1.8, I can absolutely say my focusing issues were with the d7000. Immediately better results with the 7100.

So go see Nikon service to check whether you might have one of the affected bodies....

I have a feeling that my D7000 and then getting the D7100 pushed you to get the D7100

Congrats, man the deal is worth easy 700$-800$ or even more
You will feel the difference between the 2 cameras, I did and forgot about the D7000 after 2 seconds :)

Enjoy and good luck!

There are certain serial numbers of the D7000 that do not focus properly with fast primes. If you have that issue, Nikon Service might be of help. They replace huge amounts of the camera for free but they do not confess. But is helps.

Is there a specific way to address this with nikon? Or a place to find the affected serial numbers?

Google search yielded no results.

Destin: that IS the problem. They did never confess to it.

Strat here. Andy is an engineer from Munic who found it: Nikon D7000

Most reactions

Back