Just Got My 40D

nyr1023

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

I just got my new 40d and of course I had to take a picture of my puppy Penelope. I also got some books and have been reading the manual so I have a long way to go but I wanted to share one of my first pics.

I know the lighting and position is not great but she looked so cute looking out the window waiting for my husband to come home.

I am learning so c&c welcome.

IMG_0159.jpg

clumber spaniel or st bernard?

If it's a clumber, it is not a common dog!

All I see is an overexposed "X"

nyr, I am just learning to use free downloadable photo editing programmes & had a "go" at your pic. I adjusted for back-lighting & sharpened a bit. I think it helped.

Dog.jpg

Looks almost like the pic was taken too close for the lens.... nothing looks terribly in-focus but not to the point of being grossly OUT of focus either.

How close was the END of the lens you to the dog? A foot away? 10?

nyr, I am just learning to use free downloadable photo editing programmes & had a "go" at your pic. I adjusted for back-lighting & sharpened a bit. I think it helped.

Dog.jpg

Thanks Ron!

Looks almost like the pic was taken too close for the lens.... nothing looks terribly in-focus but not to the point of being grossly OUT of focus either.

How close was the END of the lens you to the dog? A foot away? 10?

She was too close. I was trying to get a picture of her looking out the window but she swung her head around to look at me. So you are correct. The focus is way off.

Most reactions

Back