What's new

Just got my new lens!

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
4,057
Reaction score
230
Location
Baltimore
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, well its not all excitement yet. I just bought the Nikon 50mm 1.8D lens for my D90. When I put it on, it doesnt click lightly a few times then click in place like the other lenses I have. Its kind of hard to turn around and get to click into place, but it does go. Is this normal for the lens?

Mark
 
Oh let me know cause mine will be here tomorrow!
 
I was really scared while I was putting it on that it was going to break. I didnt have to forced it, per se, but it wasnt like all the other lenses Ive used. And it was brand new. In prestine condition.

Mark
 
I have a canon mount one. The lens is plastic, and it is the only plastic lens I own and mine fits fine. It is a little less snug than my metal tokina lenses but it gets the job done. Great piece of glassware for the price!!!
 
my 50mm 1.8D does the same OP, I wouldent worry about it, i'm not, works fine. I thought it was odd at first, but its fine.
 
Great combo, I shot with my exclusively for like 2 weeks after I got it :lol:

Enjoy!

PS
I don't really recall mine fitting on weird or anything.
 
IT fits snug and perfectly like my other lenses, just getting it on the camera is a little weird. Good to know others' have had the same experience and theres nothing happening that could harm my camera or lens. Id still like to know if anyone else has had the same experience, though.

Thanks.
Mark
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom