Just inherited a Lecia camera. How much is it worth?

If your father wants to sell the kit, just put a price on it, and let it go. Personally, I would be wary of buying an old camera with the intention of using it. I've owned at least 20 very old cameras, none of which I actually used, I just had them for the novelty factor. If your Leica works as it should, then someone will enjoy using it.

Yeah but I get it too this is all inherited gear and possibly no one involved is interested in cameras at all. Whether the best the worst or whatever it’s all $ to most people. The op could have just as well been “just inherited a full Triad Fotron Kit” what’s it worth I wanna sell it was my grand pops.

That is one camera worth keeping as a collectors camera. I'd keep it.
That, is a thing of beauty---I agree--keep it.

Yeah but I get it too this is all inherited gear and possibly no one involved is interested in cameras at all. Whether the best the worst or whatever it’s all $ to most people. The op could have just as well been “just inherited a full Triad Fotron Kit” what’s it worth I wanna sell it was my grand pops.

I actually am interested in photography, but just digital. I used to shoot with the 5D mk3 but switched to the A7Rii and A7iii.
I honestly dont know much about film photography other than used my old disposable cameras and polaroids.

I have posted it on craigslist and facebook marketplace since I've never sold things online before.

1966 Leica M3 with 50mm f1.4 Summilux lens, light meter MR, flash,...

1966 Leica M3 35mm rangefinder camera with 50mm 1.4 summilux lens, light meter, flash, cases, manual

Do NOT let that go Cheap!!!!!! You may do good selling to Tamarkin. That’s a Quality item.

I actually am interested in photography, but just digital. I used to shoot with the 5D mk3 but switched to the A7Rii and A7iii.
I honestly dont know much about film photography other than used my old disposable cameras and polaroids.

I have posted it on craigslist and facebook marketplace since I've never sold things online before.

1966 Leica M3 with 50mm f1.4 Summilux lens, light meter MR, flash,...

1966 Leica M3 35mm rangefinder camera with 50mm 1.4 summilux lens, light meter, flash, cases, manual

Good luck with the sale!

Oh, not Craigslist, I don't think that's a good option (although I don't think it will sell for that much anyway). I don't know about Facebook market either.

You have a camera of value and it looks to be in very nice condition, especially that it includes the meter and case, etc. It would be better to sell to a reputable camera store or camera company that buys and sells used. That Leica is way too nice to not get a decent price and get it sold to someone who would use it and appreciate it. You can look up the serial number of any Leica camera or lens and find out when exactly it was made, and they will repair any camera they ever made. There's an entire collection of Leicas at a university near me. (I just drooled on the display case...!) I have an M3, and a lens I bought much later that came with the original certificate that came with it through customs post WWII. They are exceptional and collectible cameras.

Try Used Cameras, Lenses & Gear For Sale | Buy & Sell at KEH Camera, or Digital Cameras, Lenses, Pro Audio, Video, Instruments from Adorama. (Adorama will be closed for Yom Kippur so you may have to look into selling to them soon or wait til after the holiday.) I'd also suggest trying Central Camera in Chicago but after their fire they've been setting up in front of their store for the time being and I don't know if they're buying used right now or not.

And I also have - a Fotron! It is too ridiculously funky to not have and display. (Yes, I have midcentury bakelite cameras and folders etc. all over the house!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back