just picked up a D700...

billydoo73

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i made the switch to Fx. why did i wait so long? oh wait, money. LOL

seriously, regardless of what Nikon announces next week, i cannot 2nd guess my purchase. acceptable photos at ISO 3200 and works SO WELL with the 24-70 f/2.8. PERFECT combo IMHO.

i have a D7000 for backup. i cannot imagine i "need" a better body combo for weddings/portraits for the next many years to come. what a great camera. i suspect the prices will drop when the D800 comes out but oh well.

Congrats on the new body!

Neil

.... works SO WELL with the 24-70 f/2.8. PERFECT combo IMHO.

It's a great combo, eh? I love it. I use it with the 85mm 1.8D and it makes me giggly. Such a creamy depth of field. I just did a beach shoot last night with it and I can't wait to process the photos. I'm going to be hanging onto this body for a while. Congratulations on your new purchase.

Congrats on the new purchase! I decided not to wait and bought the D300s last month. Who knows, after the 24th if no DSLRs are announced our purchases will look even more intelligent. Regardless I know both you and I will enjoy our new bodies for some time to come.

alot can happen in 3 years (when the D700 was announced), I would have AT LEAST waited 3 days before ordering it. But excitement took grasp and i bet by Thursday you'll feel like you jumped the gun.

Here is my thinking....I bought mine used for a great price and it is in great condition. I personally do not want to run out and buy the replacement to my D300s right away. If they do announce it on the 24th it will take 3 months for it be become available. I will then wait until the reviews are in and then sit back and take my time reading the individual forum posts relating to performance and user satisfaction. So I figure the earliest I will be in a position to make my then educated and informed purchase will be 1 year from now. In the mean time I have a great camera to keep me occupied.

Ah wow, some gear envy here! I'm just thinking of how my portraits would look with that D700 FX look.

Enjoy it!

Ah wow, some gear envy here! I'm just thinking of how my portraits would look with that D700 FX look.

Enjoy it!
If you're using a telephoto, surprisingly similar to APS-C. Color would be indistinguishable, noise would be slightly lower, if you're using a really fast wide angle like a 35 or 24mm at f/1.4, than sure things would look different. But if you're shooting at 200mm, you'd be hard pressed to tell a difference without them being side by side.

Most reactions

Back