Just Playin' around with a new lens

UncleRico

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got a Nikkor 60mm macro yesterday. Here are a few shots. I've never shot in macro before, so any comments would be great.

1) Rock on! (my 6 year old is going to be a rocker)

3127007846_96a15b9510.jpg

2) Cat in headlights

Any advice on how to prevent the reflections of my equipment from showing up in the pupils?

3126176431_c118b6e091.jpg

Rock on,

Ryan

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that cat was my cat. Looks identical.

2) Cat in headlights

Any advice on how to prevent the reflections of my equipment from showing up in the pupils?

Great work - the Nikkor 60mm is an awesome lens. Did you get the new AF-S version, or the older 'D' series? As far as your question, try shooting off to the side and using more fill light. That should produce a more evenly exposed image, with less reflection. Animal's eyes though can be a huge PIA regardless.

Great work - the Nikkor 60mm is an awesome lens. Did you get the new AF-S version, or the older 'D' series? As far as your question, try shooting off to the side and using more fill light. That should produce a more evenly exposed image, with less reflection. Animal's eyes though can be a huge PIA regardless.

Thanks, tirediron. I got the AF-S version. Only b/c it had the new coating on the glass. They had an D series, but it was only a little bit less, so I figured I'd just go with the most current model. It was a refurb, so I didn't pay too much. I've found it does hunt a lot for focus when I use AF, but I I've been using manual focus a lot.

Ryan

I realize its a black cat but man that looks way underexposed....but that being said...i would love a pic of just the eyes...crop out everything else...would look awesome...and the kids hand seems creepy to me i dont know why just a random hand feeling i dunno maybe its the angle i think makes it feel ackward to me

Most reactions

Back