Just playing around C&C

*LoveMyLife09*

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I know this is nothing great, probably far from it, I was just playing around with my new camera. I have never even held a DSLR before yesturday so I was playing with the settings. Anyways, I know the blanket would need to be fixed and its not a great pose, I just want to know about my focus and what-not. This is my chunky monkey, and yes, he is only 2 months old:lol:

034-1.jpg

090edit.jpg

Last edited:
68 minutes is kinda short for the bump.

Congratz on the new gear.

Baby pictures aren't my thing, sorry.

Baby pictures are not my thing either but i did notice a few general things.

Your first image is out of focus, next time focus on the subjects eyes. I also notice your background seems kind of boring with the subject, id say to use a brighter blanket of somesort. In your second image i don't understand why you left out the subjects arms and rest of body, and the on camera flash has made the subject very flat and washed out especially around the eyes. Id suggest to read up on some things like Exposure, Composition and lighting to improve on your technique.

Great, thanks. I will work on all of that. I was just playing around with the camera as I was reading the manual. I know I shouldn't have cut his arms off, I was just trying to get the settings right. I have read Understanding Exposue but I will read it again, thanks for the critique.

The shots are ok (something for the 4x6 photo albums) but not spectacular.
I have 1 question not to the OP, but in general – why is it I see so many shots of new born or a few month old babies without clothing?
I know we are not born with clothes, but come on we get/give so many cute nice out fits for the babies and you never see photographs of them in the outfit.

I have a 2 ½ month grandson and I shot him this last weekend for his mom and yes he was in one of his cute outfits.

Sorry just a rant from a grumpy old man, but I just don’t get it.

He was in clothes when we went outside but it was hot and muggy because it had been raining and he was sweating his butt off so I took his clothes off while we were outside. We live in FL, its hot and I have chunky babies...

Yes it was the pop up flash but I do have a real cheap generic flash that I haven't tried yet. I had my manual and my Understanding Exposure book outside while I was playing around with the settings. I am going again this evening to play some more with it. Thanks everyone.

Ya, C&C on shots, just "playing around". I didn't ask for critique on the pose or background, I wanted to know about lighting, focus, color, I specifically said that. I know they aren't great, I'm trying to learn so you can offer your c&c or don't. Thanks. :)

And thank you for everyone that did offer their help.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back