Just playing... :WARNING: Not a very nice bird...

BigRC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.capturedandframed.com
Just got a little on the creative side and started goofing around with a pic. This is what I came up with. Sorry about the bird, it wasn't meant for anyone in particular. :p

beforecutout.jpg

comics.jpg

Still working on getting the group picture to look more "drawn". Playing around with some brushes right now. Just thought I'd get a critique or two.

I'm thinking about making a Calvin and Hobbes t-shirt for a friend and putting him in the strip. It's his favorite comic. He's the guy in the middle wearing the checkered shirt. :cheers:

BunkWild said:
did you draw the background? fire hydrant etc.

Unfortunately I can't take credit for that. A friend drew it. Thinking about doing the next album cover this way if I can get the actual photo to look more hand drawn.

Thinking about doing the next album cover this way if I can get the actual photo to look more hand drawn.

Its funny, when i saw these pics, that was the very first I had in mind. You may be on to something here - maybe dig through some cds and see how different band shots are taken. Also take some pics of rehearsals and stuff and see how they turns out. This informal style lends itself well to band photos and the such.

I really dig the 'drawing' too! Thats wicked. only one tiny tiny nic pic, perhaps see if you can draw a bit of the arm of the person in the back right.. there is a block of greyspace. Its no biggie, really - it looks fine as is.

MDowdey said:
that is really neat RC!!

md

Thanks! :D

I believe digital photo editing is the wave of the future.

vonnagy said:
Thinking about doing the next album cover this way if I can get the actual photo to look more hand drawn.

Its funny, when i saw these pics, that was the very first I had in mind. You may be on to something here - maybe dig through some cds and see how different band shots are taken. Also take some pics of rehearsals and stuff and see how they turns out. This informal style lends itself well to band photos and the such.

I really dig the 'drawing' too! Thats wicked. only one tiny tiny nic pic, perhaps see if you can draw a bit of the arm of the person in the back right.. there is a block of greyspace. Its no biggie, really - it looks fine as is.

Thanks, yea here's our last cd cover. Our first cd cover (over a year ago) didn't look half this nice, and we got them mass produced. I wish I would have known more about photo editing back then, but oh well.

This last cd, we're making and shipping from home. Came out about 2 weeks ago, and have sold over a hundred so far. Trying to find someone to do mass distribution deal, partially in exchange for a record deal. So if anyone knows anyone serious about something like that, please send them my way. :)

Here's the last cd cover.
Comp_Cover_Done_3sm.jpg

Does garageband.com still exist? Upload your tunes, my friend. :D I have some buddies who got a few mini-tours through them a couple years back before ther financial woes began (garageband, I mean, my musician friends ALWAYS have financial woes) :wink:

Good image, btw.

Most reactions

Back