No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Whaddaya think? :D

DSC_7717_01.jpg

Well, Orion, what do YOU think?

Wait a sec, I'm allowed to have thoughts on my own stuff? :lol:

I like the DOF. I like what I did with the contrast and levels, I think it makes it kind of abstract. I wish I hadn't cut off the bottom of the bulb, but I'm okay with the top being cut off. Also the focus is just a touch behind the front of the bulb, could have used a tripod to make that easier.

All in all, it was just practice. Not high art, but I had fun. :thumbup:

What I think is, you shouldnt have said what it is LOL. Also, you do screw around the light bulb when you install it ;)

What I think is, you shouldnt have said what it is LOL. Also, you do screw around the light bulb when you install it ;)

I thought about that, hehe. The other thing I thought was, holy crap I need to dust my light bulbs!

I wish I hadn't cut off the bottom of the bulb, but I'm okay with the top being cut off.
Why are you okay with cutting off the top but not the bottom?

Hmm. I don't know. I wouldn't want to cut off the top of the first loop, like I cut off the bottom of it... I guess I just think that having the top of the bulb out-of-frame makes it a bit more interesting because it draws the eye to the pattern of the tube rather than the bulb as a whole.

Yeah I totally pulled that explanation out of my rear. I'm still learning, and composition is still one of those things I'm working on. Like I said, this was mostly practice.

Thanks for the feedback so far though - you guys are actually making me think about this seriously when it was originally just goofing off. :)

I wish I hadn't cut off the bottom of the bulb, but I'm okay with the top being cut off.
Why are you okay with cutting off the top but not the bottom?

Hmm. I don't know. I wouldn't want to cut off the top of the first loop, like I cut off the bottom of it... I guess I just think that having the top of the bulb out-of-frame makes it a bit more interesting because it draws the eye to the pattern of the tube rather than the bulb as a whole.

Yeah I totally pulled that explanation out of my rear.

I would have to say you did a good job with that explanation. I do kind of like it a little. You did good with the DOF and i honestly never would have thought of taking a photo of a light bulb before.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back