Just starting with digital SLR

hallowdmachine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all.

I just recently got a Nikon D3000 as my first digital SLR and I've been having a lot of fun. I also recognize that I have a lot to learn. Any comments, critiques, tips, tricks, et cetera would be greatly appreciated.

Kind of a smattering of my shots. Haven't really decided on a "specialty", so to speak.

4838822783_a0dbe82df5_z.jpg

Made black and white in post.

4838823345_9d53c66cb5_z.jpg

Went on my first walking photo shoot and for some reason decided to bring just my 35mm prime lens. I wanted a shot of these pilings but couldn't get a good shot, so I severely cropped out the distractions on either side. Both this and the one above were shot on the same day under a pretty overcast sky.

4834454210_480bbf6f88_z.jpg

Redline Addiction, from DC. Shot in aperture priority with the built in flash. I'm not a fan of the flash but I think this one came out pretty well. I've found I like the slow or rear flash settings the best.

Last edited:
Your shots are great. I've had mine for a month or so and haven't quite nailed it yet

Hi all.

I just recently got a Nikon D3000 as my first digital SLR and I've been having a lot of fun. I also recognize that I have a lot to learn. Any comments, critiques, tips, tricks, et cetera would be greatly appreciated.

cool pictures, i haven't messed around with the flash as i dont really like the flash myself

Most reactions

Back