Just the Beast Under Your Bed

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken (Handheld) with stacked Tiffen macro filters on Hoya 81A on Nikkor 50mm on Nikon FM, ASA 200 (uncropped full frame)

468665_K200_017_5.jpg

Bigger Here

His name is Martok BTW;)

Last edited:
Love the DoF and the low-key of the shot. I wish that the eyes were both in focus, but given the difficulty of the shot itself, I'd have to say... mighty fine job :)

Love the DoF and the low-key of the shot. I wish that the eyes were both in focus, but given the difficulty of the shot itself, I'd have to say... mighty fine job :)

Thank you, I had hell trying to ghe him to look at the camera much less stay still for the shot. In order for me to have gotten both eyes I would have had to either remove a macro filter or shoot amaller aperture whitch I was really pushing my luck with to beginwith I think I was shooting 1/8 as it was.

Agree with Rufus,

Very nicely done especially with what you were working with! Love the warm tones.

I bet that was worse than taking a picture of a toddler. What was the total magnification of your macro rings?

...in your closet, in your HEAD!

Sorry, would of had that song in my head for the whole day if I didn't finish up the verse.

And nice shot! :)

I bet that was worse than taking a picture of a toddler. What was the total magnification of your macro rings?

Indeed, I had to bin a couple that where little more than a hair ball. :lmao: As for the total magnification, I'm still new to the filter thing so I can't exactly read them. I do believe I had all three (+1/+2/+4) on at the time.

:raisedbrow: I think I accidently might have left my UV filter on it softening an already super shallow DOF. I had been going through the roll exparimenting with the Nikon wile doing some other stuff and stuck the POS UV filter on to protect the filters wile I ran off for whatever else needed doing.

*EDIT*
...in your closet, in your HEAD!

Sorry, would of had that song in my head for the whole day if I didn't finish up the verse.

And nice shot! :)

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to pick up on the reference :lol:

That is one of two.

Thanks

You mean Martok the Klingon?

Yup, When his mother brought them into the house before the snow flew he clung on to my brother and I feircly, subsiquently being reffered to as a klingon as my brother and I are fair to avid Startrek fans. Shortly there after my brother officially named him Martok because of it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back