Just tried Alienskin Exposure 2

Sideburns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been lusting after the results of Velvia 50 for months now...along with some other films...but the Velvia has really impressed me.
So, I finally found Exposure 2, and it's awesome!

Check out my results.

Original:
26IMG_237420060312-1.jpg

Channel Mixer method(Everyone says "try this to get velvia lookalike"):
Channelmixer.jpg

Exposure 2 set to Velvia 50:
Velvia.jpg

That's all I did to them...nothing else.

As you can see, the results are nothing short of awesome. What do you guys think? Anyone compare it to an actual Velvia print they've done?

I didn't know where to put this...but here seemed like a decent spot...lol.

Well year the channel mixer gave you the right colours, but people are kidding themselves if they think that's it. Mind you the channel mixer + a quick curves adjustment gives a great velvia type effect.

I use alienskin exposure for it's grain simulation. It works very well.

Well year the channel mixer gave you the right colours, but people are kidding themselves if they think that's it. Mind you the channel mixer + a quick curves adjustment gives a great velvia type effect.

I use alienskin exposure for it's grain simulation. It works very well.

Yes, the grain as actually VERY good. I haven't found a shot I'd like grain on yet...only played with 3 or 4 so far...

Now I can take some shots keeping in mind that I can use different films.
This makes processing much easier...because most of the time, you want a particular look that's already been done with film anyways...and RAW is always pretty flat when before processing. So just fix up the white balance, slap on a film filter, and you're good to go.

curis, you're second shot looks a bit greener...

But I agree. I've played around with it a bit, and it's awesome. Really helps to bring up the contrast, and saturation, without hurting detail, and it adds sharpness almost...I'm not sure what it is, but it looks amazing for almost all the shots I've done so far. It's neat to look at how the picture would look shot on all different types of films.

And did I mention the wonderful grain? http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104993 :D

I bought an infra-red filter today to try IR on my digital camera. I must say the Kodak HIE filter looks almost spot on to the real deal. I can't wait for the sun to come out so I can take a photo worthy of it's treatment.

Eh, first image is much nicer...

Most reactions

Back