k100d, help w/ lenses

Dragoness

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got my Pentax k100d today, but 2 of the lenses from the pentax slr 35mm don't work, when I put them on the camera nothing registers and it won't let me take a picture. Any idea why?

I'm not sure about the Sony system, but the lenses must be stopped down to the smallest aperture (ie: f/22) to register on my Nikon body.

I have a pentax K100D and use it with old lenses. You need to do one of two things.

If the lens' apeture ring has an A setting on it, you have to leave it on the A setting. A is for auto.

If the lens is even older and doesn't have a A setting, you need to go into the menu, custom tab, scroll down and on page 3, change "Fl with S lens used" to option 2, and set "Using aperture ring" to option 2 as well. Then you will be able to use older manual lenses, but only in Aperture Priority mode or manual mode. In Aperture Priority mode, the picture will always be taken at the maximum aperture, no matter what you have the aperture ring set to, and shutter speed will be set automatically. In manual mode, you will have control over the aperture, but will have to set the shutter speed manually. Once you have the picture framed in manual mode, and have set the aperture, pressing the AE-L button will make the camera check the aperture and set the shutter for that picture.

Also, when focusing, the focus indicator light will still work to tell you when you have the center point in focus. if you have it set to AF, the camera won't let you take a picture unless you have it in focus, which can be annoying, but even in MF it will tell you when it's focused.

OK my husband of all people figured it out for me, 2 of them work fine, the third (23 mm) is too much of a pain to deal with, so I am leaving it with the other camera. Thank You!

if you have it set to AF, the camera won't let you take a picture unless you have it in focus, which can be annoying, but even in MF it will tell you when it's focused.

You can also change the settings from focus to shutter priority so the camera doesn't stop you from taking the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back