K100D Super V K200D

dangergoinoff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got my K100 last September for my birthday and after being questioned about what I would like for my birthday this year I started looking around.
I noticed that the K200 body is cheaper than what we paid for the K100 12 months ago and was wondering if it is worth upgrading to get the extra 4 megapixels for only about $550?
I am starting a short photography course in a few weeks, a beginner thing to give me greater insight into composition etc so i would say i am becoming a serious amatuer and was wondering if anyone ele thought it was worth the step up?

first off, more megapixels doesnt mean better camera
and if im not mistaken, for Pentax models, the lower the number, the better the camera, which means that if you wanted an upgrade you'd want to shoot for the K10D

but if you want to be sure, check out dpreview.com and you can compare the K100D with the K200D side by side to see which is better

first off, more megapixels doesnt mean better camera
and if im not mistaken, for Pentax models, the lower the number, the better the camera, which means that if you wanted an upgrade you'd want to shoot for the K10D

but if you want to be sure, check out dpreview.com and you can compare the K100D with the K200D side by side to see which is better

The K10 is discontinued the K20 is it's replacement and is twice the price of the K200d so it isn't a reasonable comparison.

The 200 is good, but is basically a K10D with fewer buttons and subsequently more menu-driven- and AA batteries. But it would be worth it for the nice sensor alone. You can find deals on slightly used, mint K10D's, you know...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't know what lenses you have, but you could always use more/better lenses. I'd focus on that, the K100 is a pretty good camera. My wife has an ist*DL and I use it when I don't want to lug around my heavy camera and it works great even with the kit lens.

I don't know what lenses you have, but you could always use more/better lenses. I'd focus on that, the K100 is a pretty good camera. My wife has an ist*DL and I use it when I don't want to lug around my heavy camera and it works great even with the kit lens.

I have the kit lens Sigma 18-50 also a Sigma 55-200 Pentax 50 1.4 ebay bought and Pentax 55-300
For the time being the only other lens I am thinking of getting is the Pentax FA 50 1.4 bercause I find that the old one that I bought is a little rough.
So as you say it is a case of getting another body or expanding my lens collection. I guess the pros for the new body are the greater ability to produce quite large prints and the cons are setting in motion a pattern where i look at whats coming out every 12 months.

Most reactions

Back