Kako Auto2500S

farmerj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just curious if anyone is familiar with the Kako Auto 2500S flash enough to know what the trigger voltage might be?

And would it be compatible with a Cactus V4 trigger

The V2 says something about 12V trigger, and I thought the V4 said something about a 300 V trigger.

Just curious if anyone is familiar with the Kako Auto 2500S flash enough to know what the trigger voltage might be?

And would it be compatible with a Cactus V4 trigger

The V2 says something about 12V trigger, and I thought the V4 said something about a 300 V trigger.

The V2 is capable of handling up to 200V, however the new V4 can handle 300. Apparently a different model Keko flash hit 210V, so just to be safe, I'd use the V4.

From the D90 Manual....

D Use Only Nikon Flash Accessories
Use only Nikon flash units. Negative voltages or voltages over 250 V applied to the accessory shoe could not only prevent normal operation, but damage the sync circuitry of the camera or flash. Before using a Nikon flash unit not listed in this section, contact a Nikon-authorized service representative for more information.
I seriously want to get an SB600, but I already OWN the Kako Auto2500S.

Mounted off camera using the Cactus V4, I would be more than comfortable figuring this out.

Reading the D90 manual, this flash should be compatible if it's only a 210 V trigger.

Again, it goes back to what is already owned VS what is wanted.

This flash is from the day when dad used it on the Yashica FR electronic film camera.

Last edited:
Flim cameras are typically much much much more capable of handling high voltages. However digital cameras typically cannot do the same. While you maybe able to fire a high voltage flash, you may also fry the circuits inside your $900 camera.

Well, the Nikon D90 says it can handle up to 250 volts.

The Kako flash I took and measured with a Voltmeter today. 211 volts.

While it SHOULD work. I don't think I will risk it.

For $90 or less on ebay, a person can get a Vivitar 285HV which is 6 volts.

Most reactions

Back