Kananaskis Country near Banff Alberta

dllb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Kananaskis is west of Calgary and just a bit east of Banff. It is often refered to as 'K Country' It is only about 90km (55 miles west of Calgary)

Some of the flora on the way there.

P7080616-1.jpg

One of the lakes in the area.

P7090660-1.jpg

P7090701-1.jpg

P7090675-1.jpg

P7090705-2b.jpg

P7090728-1.jpg

An open area in Kananaskis. There is usually a moose or 2 here as there is an area of mud that they seem to love. We think it may be rich in salt and that is what draws them to it.

P7090712-2.jpg

P7090710-2.jpg

Sibbald Flats in the foothills on the way back to Calgary

P7090783-1.jpg

P7090743-2.jpg

P7090757-1.jpg

P7090800.jpg

WOW, I'm lovin' those shots dllb. They're so crisp and clear. That's purdy scenery you've got in your neck of the woods. Please post more.

Antarctican said:
WOW, I'm lovin' those shots dllb. They're so crisp and clear. That's purdy scenery you've got in your neck of the woods. Please post more.

Will do and I agree, we are so lucky to live so close to this kind of scenery.

Wow, great shots of a fantastic area. I love K-country. My friends and I, drive down from Edmonton every year for a big group camping trip. One of these years I'm going to have to spend more time on photography and less on drunken boccie playing :D.

This area, and the wind swept foot hills between K-country and Cochrane are some of my favorite places to be. I always wish I could just stop the car and live right there...but then I get out of the vehicle and get blown off my feet...it's really, really windy.

Great shots, looking forward to seeing more.

Wow i fell in love with these shots. you showed me such beautiful scenery. the greens in the photos are so rich, and the water seems to match the land. wonderful shots.

awesome shots of a beautiful place... wish i was there. :thumbup:

Great shots. I make it out west every few years and just can't get enough. Maybe one day I will pack up and move out there. Your photos sure make me want to go now.

Eric

those shots were great I'm loving it man...i like all the series of pictures you have here..

nice job..

*beer!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back