What's new

Keepin it real....

mishele

Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
13,661
Reaction score
4,898
Location
In your dreams!
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been playing around w/ a new set of shots. I'd like to know what you think.
Honest opinions ONLY!! Hate it or like it....give it to me!!


IMG_2710-122-1 by Mishele21, on Flickr
 
Omg I can't believe I'm going to do this... I am risking public lynching I think but here goes!

This one is lacking depth and fluidity that is present in your other work. The bottom third is blocky, I want to crop it off straighten it so the bottom petal is horizontal and add more on the right...
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Omg I can't believe I'm going to do this... I am risking public lynching I think but here goes!

This one is lacking depth and fluidity that is present in your other work. The bottom third is blocky, I want to crop it off straighten it so the bottom petal is horizontal and add more on the right...

Thank you very much, this is the stuff I want to hear! I have no problems w/ criticism!! I can only learn from it...;)
 
Sorry, but I have to agree with PixelRabbit, this one doesn't measure up. Along with the crop Pixel mentioned, I'm having a problem with the really deep blues. Its just my opinion, but I think the softer pastel colors work better.
 
Last edited:
It is basically a different style.. harder, more garish than the lovely soft shots we normally see from you! This is much more Impressionistic in some ways, whereas I consider most of your images somewhat more Surreal.
 
Hey Mishele... This one looks like you ink-jet printed it and then dropped the paper in the sink in standing water - kinda blotchy and the streaks don't add to the flower experience. In your previous florals, what really caught my eye was the combination of distinct zones of blurred light and the sharpness of the floral image (or at least part of). In this one, the streaks seems to blend with the flower and come from the flower. The flower shape itself is somewhat indistinct, and that reduces the attractiveness. Also, thinking a little more about it, some of your other images have had a range of colours in them, while this seems more monochromatic. Does that make sense to you?
 
I have to agree. The bright areas are distracting both because they are very bright and also because the "veil" that covers the rest of the image is not there - kind of ruins the effect.
 
Mind you, I still love it! It is just different! I would hang this one... but it is not really my style. Something for the chrome and glass furniture types, if you know what I mean. lol!

Edit: I feel the "brightness" the others complain off.. LIFTS the image into a realm of its own...interesting effect, actually.
 
You know I am a fan. So, I am not going to nit pick. I am no where near your level in expertise and I appreciate that this has a different feel too it than your other work. I wouldn't tweak this one I would just pop my camera back out and take like a billion more for me to enjoy :mrgreen:
 
I am not liking this one compared to your others. SORRY!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #11
Sorry, but I have to agree with PixelRabbit, this one doesn't measure up. Along with the crop Pixel mentioned, I'm having a problem with the really deep blues. Its just my opinion, but I think the softer pastel colors work better.
This is actually one of my nits w/ the shot. I feel that the dark blues are too dark. They end up drawing your eye to them. Thanks for the C&C.

It is basically a different style.. harder, more garish than the lovely soft shots we normally see from you! This is much more Impressionistic in some ways, whereas I consider most of your images somewhat more Surreal.
Ahhh.....trying to mix it up a bit. In real life, I'm not a flower person....lol I'm far from it. Hell, I go to Korn, Disturbed, and Tool concerts! ;)



Hey Mishele... This one looks like you ink-jet printed it and then dropped the paper in the sink in standing water - kinda blotchy and the streaks don't add to the flower experience. In your previous florals, what really caught my eye was the combination of distinct zones of blurred light and the sharpness of the floral image (or at least part of). In this one, the streaks seems to blend with the flower and come from the flower. The flower shape itself is somewhat indistinct, and that reduces the attractiveness. Also, thinking a little more about it, some of your other images have had a range of colours in them, while this seems more monochromatic. Does that make sense to you?
Everything makes sense. This..."what really caught my eye was the combination of distinct zones of blurred light and the sharpness of the floral image", I agree that this shot is lacking in this area. I'm kinda diving into a new area and need to learn how the lighting works w/ the processing. Right now, I'm not where I want to be. Thanks for commenting!!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #13
I have to agree. The bright areas are distracting both because they are very bright and also because the "veil" that covers the rest of the image is not there - kind of ruins the effect.
Thanks, Ken!!

Mind you, I still love it! It is just different! I would hang this one... but it is not really my style. Something for the chrome and glass furniture types, if you know what I mean. lol!

Edit: I feel the "brightness" the others complain off.. LIFTS the image into a realm of its own...interesting effect, actually.

You know I am a fan. So, I am not going to nit pick. I am no where near your level in expertise and I appreciate that this has a different feel too it than your other work. I wouldn't tweak this one I would just pop my camera back out and take like a billion more for me to enjoy :mrgreen:
Thanks.

I am not liking this one compared to your others. SORRY!
I'm fully aware that this type of photography/art isn't going to be for everyone....:) At this point, I'm happy w/ some parts and others I'm still struggling w/ figuring out why I don't like them. This little experiment has helped to clear up some of my issues! Now I have to figure out how to fix them when I try again.
 
What i call this :"The Falling Beauty"
What i like: the color scheme, which i love to be in my palette; i like the nuances, which is subtle
What i suggest: It is falling, at least for me...so i wanted more space above. Also i wanted the flower to be completely within the frame; i think you had trimmed some portion from the right, right?
Conclusion: I liked it very much :D
 
It is hard to judge.. if you matted it with nice black frame, probably really good.


Have I said how much I hate TPF white background? Ridiculous.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom