Kelby Training...

Kerbouchard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I've watched a lot of the D-Town TV stuff that was free over at kelby.tv. Finally caught up with all the episodes so I decided to check out the actual kelby training. Figured what the heck. Been going through the videos for the last few days, and honestly, I'm blown away. Normally, I expect something less than what is promised, but some of this training is seriously incredible.

If anybody was on the fence about taking the plunge, I would highly recommend it. I'm going back to watching videos now, but just wanted to drop in and say it blows just about every free training site out of the water. The part I am most surprised about is normally, I would prefer to read a book. Generally, I read a lot faster than somebody can explain something in a video. I've read and own probably 50+ photography books and after a while, they all just got repetitive. Very little new information. These videos are different. Seems like every segment I'm learning something new or at least learning a new way to think about things.

Again, would highly recommend checking it out. I'm not usually impressed by things like this, but this just seems to be at an entirely different level. I started out skeptical, but this just seems to be the real deal.

P.S. to the Mods...Since Kelby Training is a subscription based service, I figured this was the most appropriate section of the forum...If there is a better section for this thread, feel free to move it.

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly. Kelby Training is where I got turned on to Joe McNally. The vast majority of their stuff is super quality and super professional. I've only seen a couple that I'd rate as mediocre. I don't keep my subscription up, but go for a month then drop off for a couple months. There aren't enough hours in a day...

I agree wholeheartedly. Kelby Training is where I got turned on to Joe McNally. The vast majority of their stuff is super quality and super professional. I've only seen a couple that I'd rate as mediocre. I don't keep my subscription up, but go for a month then drop off for a couple months. There aren't enough hours in a day...

I see myself doing the same thing. I'll keep it up for this month, watch as much as I can, and probably cancel it the next month. Go out and practice, and then come back for another month. Considering most photography books around around $40 to $50 bucks, $25 for a month of great videos is pretty much a no-brainer.

Is there any option to save the videos or is it watch and remember only?

You can add favorites, but as far as I know, you have to have an active subscription to view your favorites. With some of the videos, there are files that you can download, but they are mostly actions and originals so you can follow along.

So basically, a watch and remember type of thing, or in my case, a watch, oooh and ahhh, and then hope I can remember.

OR crack open a notepad and get scribbling before the words are off the blackboard

There is also a 24 hour free trial that doesn't require a credit card or anything so that you can see what you are doing. If you go that route, I would recommend drinking a lot of coffee and staying up for about 24 hours and watching just about everything from Cliff Mautner.

Might have to try this... I've got a bunch of Kelby stuff on disc already, but more knowledge never hurts!

I've been a National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) and Kelby Training member for years since they are essentially the same thing.

I look forward to each issue of Photoshop User magazine and the many tutorials and other Photoshop/Lightroom information each issue has.

If you would like to get a free issue of Photoshop User magazine, at this NAPP link - Learn Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Digital Photography | NAPP - click on 'sign up for a free issue of our magazine'. You might want to also click on 'Benefits' at the top of the page to see all the great money, time saving, and Photoshop/Lightroom training and support benefits NAPP members get.

Most reactions

Back