Ken Rockwell. I should have known better. please read.

I did exactly this, but not because I listened to Ken Rockwell... :p I had no idea my 7D had this feature. At least I was only taking shots for my eBay stuff... :lol:

So... who else uses auto everything? Everyone? All the professionals ever? I'm sure Ansel Adams was an avid Auto mode fan, since the almighty Ken Rockwell is too. I mean look at the man's photos. LOOK AT THEM. THEY'RE... PHOTOS. YEAH. AND STUFF. LOUD NOISES.

I think some additional fanfare is needed here... give me a second and I'll see about whipping up some confetti and maybe a few explosives.. lol

Anyone reading his web site should also take note of his "About" page wherein he clearly states that the information on the site is a work of fiction and only his opinion. Unfortunately the content on his site does come across as being factual and inexperienced people tend to believe some of the nonsense.

I think you must al realize something. KR gets a commision for every time someone 'clicks' from his site directly to one of his stores, and buys that item. Why would he want to bad mouth anyone, anymore? I think he'll tell you anything for a buck.

He's actually really smart: his website is crap, doesn't give you any real info, has incredible page rankings, and makes a bucket ton of money for basically free.

He's actually really smart: his website is crap, doesn't give you any real info, has incredible page rankings, and makes a bucket ton of money for basically free.
Agreed. You google most anything nikon related and he shows up on the first page

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4; probably while slacking off at work

:D There is a saying: "fool me once and it's your fault, fool me twice and is my". :lol:
But KR is clear about his actions, he just rides the wave he didn't created, wanna be photographers did. Most sales people in camera stores will tell even more amazing stories and pass them as a truth just to sell the gear. The one, which will make from anyone top photographer.
And this applies to many, many more products of our industry. :wav:

I learned quickly that Ken wasn't very spot on in all of the information he gives out. I love the rant Jared Polin went on about KR. If he is doing what he is doing and making money good for him. Sadly I don't think he should be doing any education of new photographers. I'm glad that I found good photographers to learn from via the internet (good ol' TPF, AdoramaTV, BHPhoto Youtube, Matt Granger, and a few others).

I'm confused, he said he is a one man opinion and his website is fictional, and his is giving back to the community and asking for donation. What sort of evidences is he giving back to community?

The sooner you stop listening to people like this the better.

Once you get the technical aspects down it's all on you to be creative. Reading blogs is a huge waste of time.

Looks like Ken Rockwell is making a lot of money. Buyer Beware: Ken Rockwell

OMFG, now THAT was a hilarious article!!! I laughed my ass off! That guy has some serious issues. I bet he has a running prescription for anti-anxiety meds, most likely Pfizer's antipantybunchupamathorphine, 20 mg. tabs.. It helps, when one tries to take down one of the giants of the internet, to have antipantybunchupamathorphine running through one's veins.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back