Kick Flip - Street Scene

Azuth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
kickflip_bw.jpg

Two things;

1.) I wanted motion, and in some ways I'm really happy with the motion feel I got, but I'm not sure if I got the focus wrong, or there was just that bit too much motion.

2.) I really think I should have used a faster lense and got rid of a lot of DOF, but it was almost a shoot from the hip situation so I didn't have a lot of time for mucking around.

Thoughts on those two things, or others / general honest critique please.

it's an interesting shot though I think if you were trying to capture a kick flip as the title suggests it looks more like he's falling off the board. I've photographed a lot of a skateboarding, rollerblading and bmxing since i started photography and it took me a hella long time to get things just right.

At least you know what you need to improve on - fast shutter speed is a must and a shallower DOF would have made the background less distracting.

Drew

If it doesn't look like a Kick Flip, it may be because I really have no idea when it comes to skateboards, I just figured I'd put something in for a title. He did land whatever it was he did. Bikes or Motorcross I could tell you, but not those wheeled plank things.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back