Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0050-1.jpg

DSC_0047-1.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0033-1.jpg

Nice work! I especially like #s 3 and 4 as the inclusion of the ball gives a sense of purpose to the image. Good work with the DoF and selective focus in isolating the subect from the background. My one suggestion though would be to consider spot-metering as the faces and fronts of the children are rather dark. This type of work is always give and take as you don't have the luxury of using supplemental lighting or asking for 'do-overs'. Brighter faces and shirts would have resulted in some more blown areas, but I I think the overall result would have been stronger images.

Nice work! I especially like #s 3 and 4 as the inclusion of the ball gives a sense of purpose to the image. Good work with the DoF and selective focus in isolating the subect from the background. My one suggestion though would be to consider spot-metering as the faces and fronts of the children are rather dark. This type of work is always give and take as you don't have the luxury of using supplemental lighting or asking for 'do-overs'. Brighter faces and shirts would have resulted in some more blown areas, but I I think the overall result would have been stronger images.

Thanks! I was having an issue getting the lighting right because the sun was just about at it's peak and there were no clouds. Lol. I was holding my hand as a hood for the lens, was getting a wicked glare. Bought a hood for every lens that I own this morning so I am better prepared for next time. You aren't allowed to use flash for these kids soccer games, which I was bummed about because I think my SB-600 would have done what you are suggesting with lightening the faces. :)

My first thought:

:biggrin:

Pretty good looking photos! Fast-moving sports photography is a particularly hard one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great minds think alike, eh? hehe. I expect it shall help you quite a bit, KAikens.

Couple more after edits

6. I know this one is OOF but I like the kids face as he is leaping in the air. Lol
DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

Most reactions

Back