Kids spring photos test run..your thoughts

Shocknawe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shocknawe.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yeah they callem' spring photos as they're taking them in school now but unfortunatley we wont see spring for a while up here as you can tell with the snow.:lol: Anyway, 1st up is my daughter, I went a little different direction "cooling" the picture down a touch bringing her eyes out. Typically I'm a fan of nice "warm" photos and thats what I produce thats why I said I went a different direction. I have a copy that is warmer but I guess you could say I'm on the fence, the warmer makes sense with the slight light rays coming in from the right, thats why I think I'm raising an eye brow to this- the coolness of the pic and the warm rays...some strans of hair got away from us with the breeze but not too bad; and yes the flowers were actually there not placed there, and yes shes not looking at me on purpose (sorry for the "and yes's" just getting the initial C n C comments out of the way hahaha!)....whats your thoughts?

Second is my son, overall I'm pleased with this one, I cropped and softened this one and that was about it....wish I had my other speed light so I could've gotten a little more light on his hair is about my only complaint...your thoughts?

allright after looking at it again I couldn't deal with the "coolness" of my daughters photo so I warmed it up a bit

Last edited:
I think your 2nd take on the daughter's pic is much better. May be my screen (this isn't my regular computer) but the first one has the magenta tones wayy too high. I especially like the background on the pic of your girl and how it matches with the outfit.

agreed second pictures coloring is way better. you should have her look into the camera next time though.
The picture of the boy looks good. Its a nice manly pose and looks good. they both look pretty reserved for being so young, maybe get a couple pics of them being more kid like next time.

agreed second pictures coloring is way better. you should have her look into the camera next time though.
The picture of the boy looks good. Its a nice manly pose and looks good. they both look pretty reserved for being so young, maybe get a couple pics of them being more kid like next time.

I gotchya, I like dead on shots once in a while too....depends what mood I'm in I took shots of her looking directly at me and they looked good I just opted for the non direct look thats all. Also I agree they are reserved poses simply because we take the goofy ones all the time and actually have more of them hanging in the house than anything:lol:, I just like something a tad bit more serious for school photos.

thanks for the comments

Most reactions

Back