Kill the freakin' cereal ads

Cereal ads? :scratch:

The adds are 'by Google' and are (I think) controlled by your own location, browsing & search history etc. In other words, everyone sees different adds. (I think)

I'm getting ads for Progressive insurance...and I think Big Mike is 100 percent correct. The ads are controlled by the cookies that have been left behind by sites you have browsed. Your own computer is "spying on you". Cookies are at work here...I have actually looked for a new insurance carrier recently...and both my MAILBOX and my WEB are aware of that fact.

Oh... I'm in my own peronal hell.
Stay off those Cheerios webs sites for a while and you should be fine. :er: :lol:

Yes, I think they are driven by what your browser gleans from your history and what it infers as your interests. Of course, mine shows adds on masterpiece theater, fine art, exquisitely tasteful things in general :)

And to think it all started with an innocent Google search for, "Hot, steaming........uh, cereals."

lol, Where?

ad.jpg

No, I'm getting Adobe Photoshop ads using Firefox on a Mac

It also picks up from keywords in thread titles. ;) While in this thread, you're more likely to see cereal ads. Move to a thread about a cute kitten and you're more likely to see Purina ads. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back