Kill the Problem at the Source (Warning: May be offensive to some)

JEazy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Answertoworldpeace.jpg

I completely agree with the premise.
However...
I think the ketchup is too much.

I think if you redid it without the ketchup, it would be very riveting.

Good idea, but the blood looks to "gel/thick". Other then the thick blood perfect EXP and comp. very nice.

yeah i was sitting here and the idea just came to me and i had it pictured exactly like this in my head, but i discovered that our fake halloween blood had been thrown away. so i made the mistake of subsituting ketchup ha. thanks for the comments.

Love the idea. NIcely done, but I agree with the ketcup blood being too ketchup-ee
There are some really easy home made blood recipes you can try.
Homemade Fake Blood

1 c. Karo Syrup

1 Tbsp Water

2 Tbsp Red Food Coloring

1 tsp Yellow Food Coloring

Mix together in a mixing bowl and you're done. Try adding blue or yellow for a different shade.

Simple Fake Blood

Clear Corn Syrup

Red Food Coloring

Milk - Optional
However much fake blood is how much corn syrup you'll need. Pour it into a bowl and mix in some red food coloring. Add some blue if you like. Adding a small amount of milk will make the blood appear darker and thicker.

Realistic Recipe

2/3 c. Corn Syrup

1/3 c. Warm Water

5 Tbsp Corn Starch

4 tsp red food coloring

1 Tbsp Powdered Cocoa

2 drops of green or yellow food coloring

Mix the corn starch with the water in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the corn syrup. Add the food coloring slowly, checking for color.

^^.......Chiller knows his blood recipes ;)

...... nice idea, well taken.

wow thanks alot for the recipes man!

i think i'm going to reshoot this with a more realistic blood, and have it be a completely dark background with a soft spotlight on the subject, maybe even have a nice deep red tint to the light.

I think the best blood is the powdered stuff that Ben Nye sells. It looks as real as anything I have seen spilled at work. It isn't cheap but works really good if you have to do outside setups.

I've used the recipes that Chiller posted but 99% of the time it was outside. It would attract ants so bad we would get infested by them. Ants love the karo syrup. I did switch from the karo syrup to baby shampoo and that solved the ant problem. I also added a bit of "shout" into it to keep it from staining clothing.

dig the idea mate and the layout/composition is very good I am thinking you should use a different instrument - something with wooden handle - just to keep it a bit more organic. Perhaps if you had a hatchet or something.

thanks for sharing!

Reminds me of something Alan Watts once said...

"I think the Bible ought to be ceremoniously and reverently burned every Easter. We need it no more because the spirit is with us. No one in their senses can confuse a wooden or stone image with God, but you can very easily confuse a set of ideas with God, because concepts are more rarified and abstract."

Cool concept :thumbsup:

Just have to say lol to chiller ... The only man I know that could roll off 3 blood recipes off the top of his head. You're a scream chiller :mrgreen:

Chiller said:
Love the idea. NIcely done, but I agree with the ketcup blood being too ketchup-ee
There are some really easy home made blood recipes you can try.
Homemade Fake Blood

1 c. Karo Syrup

1 Tbsp Water

2 Tbsp Red Food Coloring

1 tsp Yellow Food Coloring

Mix together in a mixing bowl and you're done. Try adding blue or yellow for a different shade.

Simple Fake Blood

Clear Corn Syrup

Red Food Coloring

Milk - Optional
However much fake blood is how much corn syrup you'll need. Pour it into a bowl and mix in some red food coloring. Add some blue if you like. Adding a small amount of milk will make the blood appear darker and thicker.

Realistic Recipe

2/3 c. Corn Syrup

1/3 c. Warm Water

5 Tbsp Corn Starch

4 tsp red food coloring

1 Tbsp Powdered Cocoa

2 drops of green or yellow food coloring

Mix the corn starch with the water in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the corn syrup. Add the food coloring slowly, checking for color.

I'm sure i've seen Jamie Oliver do this one!

... or was it Delia Smith :scratch:

nice conecpt and nice photo :D agree with the comments above :thumbup:

thanks alot for the comments/blood recipes! haha. oh and I actually think the blood that i used looking fake/cheesy is a good thing because to me it shows just how cheesy/fake the bible really is! i don't mean to sound like an ass to all you christians just my opinion.

Most reactions

Back