Killer New HDR Software From Unified Color, PhotoStudio

whenderson7742

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I read about this new software in Popular Photography, several of my friends had downloaded and were raving about the results. It is a floating 32 bit file with the 32 bit tools. This makes the color gamut much larger, enabling more precise adjustments. They have overcome such issues as halo's and over saturation. Anyway the full interview is here:Hold The Eye Images Podcast on a Game Changing New HDR Software, PhotoStudio from Unified Color - Hold The Eye Images

Hope you enjoy, as a matter of interest, I take no revenue from the interview or get any commission from the 20% discount off the regular price. I'm passing along the information since I'm an avid HDR shooter.

i have tried it a few times, especially with the "veiling" tool. So far, it looks like it produces a nice image, (if i make the right choices :) )

The tools are a bit hard to get a handle on because of the 32 bit, causes hesitation. It does produce realistic results. The big thing for me is printing. In the interview, they claim one of the next tweaks will be printing directly from the 32 Bit. That will be especially nice for B&W, converting the file and printing in 32 bit will all the shades of contrast.

Is that marketing speak? The bit depth of the file has nothing to do with colour gamut. :)

Actually speaking of marketing speak I just read that they use the BeyondRGB(tm) colour space. Really? BeyondRGB? I hate marketing people. Look at Lightroom. They don't exactly shout from the hills what colour gamut Lightroom works with because frankly no one cares. The only important thing is what gamut you can export in. Their marketing sheet on BeyondRGB is also full of crap :)

Aside from that the program looks useful. I'll have a play and see what I can come up with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back