www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
kingofbeers-1.jpg

What do you guys think?

Pentax K100D
Kit Lens
Hoya MC UV Filter and Circular Polarizing Filter

A touch of added contrast and saturation in PS, with an 81 warming filter added in PS as well.

Well headache in a can describes it more than king of beers. I think the blown highlights are a touch distracting. Prehapse a very subtle fill flash and dropping the exposure would fix it? Possibly a reflector? Not sure myself.

Well headache in a can describes it more than king of beers. I think the blown highlights are a touch distracting. Prehapse a very subtle fill flash and dropping the exposure would fix it? Possibly a reflector? Not sure myself.

I agree about it not being the king of beers, definitely. :lol:

I agree the blown highlights are a bit distracting, this was spontaneous though. Wish I had the equipment/skill to do cool lighting stuff, but I'm still just a beginner. Thanks though, I'll keep the idea of a subtle fill flash and dropping the exposure in mind.

I would have the picture the exact opposite of yours, the background dark and the beer cap light. When you look at the picture your eyes move everywhere around the cap but not on the cap. The cap is interesting but the background is so bright and busy it's hard to focus on the cap.

Yes, I'm afraid I can only repeat after Christian here, the crown seal is in deep shadow, the rock extremely bright ... and our eyes tend to wander towards what is light in a photo (in reality, too), so the light-shadow situation that you encountered when you detected that can on the ground was a bit against you, I'm afraid.

Nevertheless I like your find and appreciate the fact that you decided to take it out of its context (where it could so easily be overlooked) and put it into a frame of its own.

You must have moved in pretty close to get this photo, hm? Or did you just stay on your feet and zoomed in?

Yeah, you don't need fancy equipment to get good lighting. Just need to play around!
I would have simply had the label of the cap more directly in the sunlight.

Hi, I've moved this to the General gallery. The Critique forum is only for specific critique/help needed. Please refer to the Critique forum's FAQ's for posting guidelines.

Thank you. :)

Most reactions

Back