kitten attempt. C&C please

Kimba

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i've spent much of the morning trying to take a good shot of my 2 new kittens but as they wont stay still unless sleeping it's very hard. I finally got one of my handsome boy and would love some C & C.
I think i need to remove the reflections from his eyes.

3667065585_41007c087d_b.jpg

If you look deep in it's eyes, you can see that it is already scheming how to steal your soul.

;)

The pic looks pretty good. The eyes look sharp. Lighting looks good. The little bit of flash shadow from its ear sticking out of his head is a little bothersome (to be nit picky).

Keep at it!

If you look deep in it's eyes, you can see that it is already scheming how to steal your soul.

;)

The pic looks pretty good. The eyes look sharp. Lighting looks good. The little bit of flash shadow from its ear sticking out of his head is a little bothersome (to be nit picky).

Keep at it!

thank you very much. and yes i do believe he is stealing the souls of everyone here as we speak. :lol:

Just bounce the flash off a wall, for this probably behind you, up, and to the left. As Bitter said though, the eyes are sharp; that's what counts (amongst many, many, other things, but hell, I'm tired and it's 02:14 here...). ^.^

Intersting, thats the exact some pose that I get photos of my cat in. LOL Although its not a totally interesting compostion, its sometimes all theya re willing to give you.

thanks for the remarks. the only thing i dont understand is the comments about the flash as i didn't use any?

You sure you didn't use a flash? There is a hard flash shadow behind him.

You might want to play with your focus points. If you look closely, you can see that the focus actually fell on his nose and his eyes are starting to fall off in sharpness.

I think i need to remove the reflections from his eyes.

.... the only thing i dont understand is the comments about the flash as i didn't use any?
If you were to remove the catch lights (reflections) then the eyes would look dead. Catchlights are sought after in the eyes.

Fair dinkum...., but if you didn't use a flash, there was another harsh light source in the room which caused the shadow (and the catch lights). To avoid this you would want to diffuse the main light source. This can be accomplished in a number of ways, but a cotton sheet (held by an assistant) is probably one of the quickest fixes.

tsaraleksi is correct in that your focus is on it's nose.

I shoot dogs (mostly) and have a view that their ears are part of their personality. Unless you're going for an extreme close-up, avoid cropping them out.

Just my 2¢.

I see the point with the nose being the focus, thanks. I thought back to wear i was when i took this shot to figure out where the flash shadow came from, he was laying at our front door in the sun, this is probably whats went wrong.
I had a play and took the reflections from his eyes and yes, he did look very "vacant" so i will leave those.
I went in so close as to focus on the eyes without realising at the time that i'd cut his ears off. As he is part Savannah his eyes will always appear too big for his head so i can probably back it off a bit and you will still be drawn into his eyes.
thanks heaps guys!!

Most reactions

Back