Kodak Brownie Restoring???

EhJsNe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Theres a Kodak Brownie #2 at my local antique store. I was looking at it--and the lens and viewfinder are rather dusty, one of the mirrors fell out when i was examining the inside ( i hope the dude wont notice.... :shock: ) Looking through the viewfinder all I see is maybe one or two colors of whats in the picture the rest is not visible...im not sure if thats the camera or the dusty stuff.

If a Brownie is at an antique shop I'd have to guess they want more than $5 for it. It's not worth that much to start with. There were so many Brownie 2 cameras made that literally you can find them everywhere. Check eBay for a better deal.

IMHO it's not worth restoring it.

If a Brownie is at an antique shop I'd have to guess they want more than $5 for it. It's not worth that much to start with. There were so many Brownie 2 cameras made that literally you can find them everywhere. Check eBay for a better deal.

IMHO it's not worth restoring it.

well its in very well condition. the only problem is the dust and the mirror on one of the viewfinders will fall out if i take off the cover. It stays perfectly in place other wise.

Also im not sure how to tell if the shutter works becuase i havent found out how to use it.

well its in very well condition. the only problem is the dust and the mirror on one of the viewfinders will fall out if i take off the cover. It stays perfectly in place other wise.

Also im not sure how to tell if the shutter works becuase i havent found out how to use it.

As I said, you shouldn't pay more than $5.00 (or so) for a Brownie #2. If you really, really want to restore it, I can help you from afar. I would need a picture of the camera and a close up, if you have the capability, of the viewfinder with the problem. Mirrors should be easy to fix or re-glue. I have several thin mirrors from other cameras I took apart (cannibalized for parts) and can send you one, you might need to cut it down but that shouldn't be a problem.

E-mail me when you have pictures.;)

Yes, e-mail me the pictures of the camera when you get to it, no rush.

ok.

I looked for the same one on ebay and its like 20 dollars. The one i want is 12...and im going to try and get it for 8...maybe less if the guy is in a giving mood!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back