kodak HIE film

Dissolution

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
does anyone know where I can purchase the Kodak HIE film{the black and white one} in 35mm rolls? is it still being produced? I went to the Kodak website, but can't find out how to actually BUY from it

if anyone has some they would be willing to sell, or can point me in the right direction, id be greatly appreciated.

It's no longer being manufactured. You can find some on Amazon.com...
People who were lucky enough to get some before it's gone...well...let's just say it's a seller's market.

The big online houses got slammed with orders when the discontinuance was announced, though it's worth checking their websites: B&H, Adorama, and Freestyle Photographic. You'd probably have better luck with local pro shops, which are less likely to have sold out their stock just yet. I've only got two rolls but then again I'm not a huge fan of the film.

i see, so i guess the small amount i found..is what i gotta go with :(

i wanna shoot some of it for a school project lol...

This makes me think I should go guy more of it to sell at a later date. Anyone seen EIR prices lately? Jesus Christ is all I have to say...nearly double what my KC25 would fetch.

Within the last few weeks I was able to pick up a dozen rolls from B&H with no problem. Shortly after the discontinuation notice was publicized, I picked some up from Freestyle (5 or 10 rolls, I don't remember).

I don't know if I'd go with a non-photo site like Amazon for it. At any rate, as far as I know it's still not hard to find.

ok..so..ebay is the only place i can find the HIE film. so i decided to choose another IR film. but have no idea which to buy...

the three that are "readily available" in my area are:

Efke IR820
Ilford SFX200
and
rollei infrared 400

any suggestions on which to get? i want to get as close to "real IR" effects.

i just tried the Ilford SFX 200. definitely easier to use then actual infrared.
you dont get quite the same effect, but just from looking at the negs, its definitely different then straight up film

well, i just ordered a couple rolls of the EFKE because its suppose to be the exact same as the MACO 820

Most reactions

New Topics

Back