Kona's Introduction :-)

KonaPhotographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thank-you for taking the time to read my introduction. I'll try to not waste your time

Long time ago I bought a SLR from the Pawn Brokers and just went for it. Quite a few attempts at night shots were made. Some turned out nicely, most did not. The cost of getting the film developed and the delay between taking the shots and the feedback were disheartening. My wife bought me a flight in a hot air balloon and that SLR took a one way flight :lol:

I was a bit of a P&S shooter for a while but my results were hit and miss. To be fair though I took a "take lots of pictures and hope for the best" approach.

So how did I regain my interest? Well I'm a cyclist. More a commuter and a bit of community / charity ride on the side. I roll with a helmet cam (Contour ROAM) for insurance. What to do with the footage? Pious self indulgent YouTube video's !!!! Then I scored a GoPro Hero 3 Black edition for a fair price and discovered time-lapse. I love it even though it's not popular. It looks wicked :thumbup: So yeah, that got me thinking DSLR. Then I read about Mirrorless. I pored over reviews for hours. More likely days. I was on the cusp of buying a new bike (I already have what I need) and with visions of my nieces upcoming wedding in my mind I left my LBS (Local Bike Shop) and bought a Sony NEX-5R. I don't know if it's the right one but I believe it'll get me through the beginner stages.

I have my NEX-5R and I've only just discovered that it appears I have a very steep learning curve ahead of me.

My interests photography-wise are Sports (cycling), time-lapse and pictures that'll please my family.

My interest outside of photography are (not in order) Guns, Bikes, Running, Triathlons (not competed yet), Asian Culture (slant towards Japan), Roman History, Boxing, MMA, trying to reach appropriate weight.

I'm using a iMac, just discovered iPhoto :sexywink:

Lastly - I'll be thankful for all constructive feedback.

Thanks a million again for your time

Welcome to the forum, great introduction. The learning curve wont be to bad between what you learn in the manual and questions you can throw into this forum. The Sony Nex cameras are a great so enjoy. "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson may also guide you in the right direction, it will explain how to get those shots exposed correctly in many various situations.

Welcome to the site.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome.

I've been reading through the threads as well as watching helpful YouTube video's. So it's not like I'm a one post wonder, but still it'll be a while until I can contribute anything constructive ;-)

Welcome to the forum! Don't worry about being able to contribute; just read, study, and ask questions whenever you like! This is how we learn. :) Enjoy!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back