D7K

This is the right time..
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was revisiting some of the first shots I took with the D850 and decided to re-edit a couple more in line with my current editing style..

I can't really decided which crop of this shot I prefer, what do you prefer?

Any other C&C welcomed as always, And yes, it's a shame about the highlights that are just peaked out on some parts of the waterfall..

1: Original Ratio

Krushuna.jpg

2: Square

Krushuna_sq.jpg

this is stunning!

Reactions: D7K
this is stunning!

Thank you! It was really just an absolutely perfect place to test out the D850 for the first time.. I can't wait to go back (very soon) and capture these falls with the melting spring snow..

Here's a bonus one, just because I just finished editing it :D

The_Three.jpg

Excellent. The blown out areas don't bother me a bit.

I'm a sucker for a close crop, but in this case I like the first one. It let's the falls breathe some, and the foreground branches framing the shot have a home, the trunks finish the shot.

The third one you posted is extraordinary.

Excellent. The blown out areas don't bother me a bit.

I'm a sucker for a close crop, but in this case I like the first one. It let's the falls breathe some, and the foreground branches framing the shot have a home, the trunks finish the shot.

The third one you posted is extraordinary.

Many Thanks!

I thought the same about the framing too, I'm not a fan of cropping too much, I guess in this one (the first ones) it kind of changes thee feel of the shot quite a lot. And thank you for your kind words on the third one, that is actually quite a crop from the original image but I liked the trunks either side and getting rid of some of the "dead space" which was just bush..

That’s what I used for my Instagram post actually, but more for the extra ‘real estate’ it offered :)

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

All of the images are great but my choice is the 2nd shot, imo it is stunning and great work done.

I guess in this one (the first ones) it kind of changes thee feel of the shot quite a lot.

That's it right there. The second shot to me is an excellent photograph of some waterfalls, while the first one makes me feel like I'm standing there looking at it. If I *had* to make a wish, I want to see the rest of that little ledge in the foreground.

Personal preference is for the original ratio in the first two photos. I agree with using the square ratio on Instagram. The third photo is stunning and so inviting that I had to give it a POTM nomination.

Very nice. I prefer the first one as it gives a better view of the environment of the falls.

WesternGuy

Great shots Chris! I prefer the first shot, just feels more relaxing, the extra on the left would ususally be something I would crop but in this case with it being dark it helps draw the eye to the light in the center. The crop works well too, just personal preference. :)

Most reactions

Back